Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So iam and my lady we are moving back to co before next summer..anyways were looking at glenwood springs area butg from what i hear the job market is terrible there..anyone have any ideas or any input on this rumor.

·
Registered
58 Posts
all depends what line of work you're lookin for and if you're willing to commute.... everyone i know here in town has been able to find work pretty easily

·
Registered
418 Posts
The toughtest part isn't getting a job or finding a place. It's being there for the long haul (finding a job that will pay you enough to afford a $500,000.00 and up house). Also, you have to like interstates (I-70 cuts right through town....you can throw a rock from the playpark and hit a car in the passing lane.)

·
Boy Howdy!
1,064 Posts
some of the house prices have dropped, there is alot avilable to rent, landlords are willing to negotiate now (there was an article in the g-wood post) you can find a job but it depends on what you do. My freinds who work have no problem holding their jobs but, it is not what it used to be like.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
first of all thanks for all your input a big help for sure..second most of what i know is the automotive industry i was a tech for 6 years and a service writer for 2 my goal was to be a service manager and go from there but we all know how the automotive industry is right know. anyways im going to be looking seriousley for places here in the next few months and go from there we want to move back so bad we cant stand it but we have un finished buisness here that has to be taken care of first. thanks again

·
Registered
769 Posts
Do you have a job in Golden? If you do, I would stay put until I pinned something down in Glenwood, but then again I'm fairly risk-averse when it comes to career moves.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well my profile says golden thats simply becuase i have never updated it me and my lady lived in steamboat then golden for a while then we moved out to PA i know i know there is some good creeks around here though anyways were moving back we miss colorado way way too much.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You can buy a condo in Gwood in the low $200ks now and possibly get the $8,000 tax credit and the lowest interest rates ever. Currently there's 5 houses in GW under $300k. You can rent 2bd/2bth/2car garage condos for around $1200. I've got one that will be available Nov.1st.
Jobs??????? Kayaking:)!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan
970-948-7215

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Uh, you wouldn't be a realtor, would you? Not that there's anything wrong with that...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Uhhhh...what gave it away? Sorry, I just get a bit excited that buyers and renters can actually afford to live here now. It's exciting times, especially for first time home buyers. FWIW, the condo I have for rent is my own not a clients.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The 8000.00 tax credit is only available to first time homebuyers and expires in october.. FYI

I am a Mortgage lender.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I meant to add I am not a Mortgage broker, so i couldnt do your loan, but could give any fellow paddlers some sound advice if needed!

·
Registered
37 Posts
For clarity, First time homebuyers = anyone who hasn't owned in the last three years! Need to have a house under contract by the beginning of October since you have to close by October 30th to get the 8 grand.

·
I'm right 50% of the time
899 Posts
Ummm. Hey [email protected]&M.com. Do your homework before saying rush rush rush.

I am not an agent and do not have any ties to agents, brokers, etc. I do live in the Roaring Fork Valley.

BUT: The 1st time HBC is good 1/1/09 - 11/30/09. It is 10% of purchase price or $8000 (cap). Single buyers need a modified adjusted gross income of $75,000 or less to qualify for the full credit, that's $150,000 for married couples. Those earning more than these thresholds may be eligible for reduced credits. The tax credit is "refundable," qualified buyers can take advantage of it even if they don't have that much tax liability. (you can possibly use it as a down payment) Buyers have to own the home for at least three years in order to capitalize on the credit. If they sell the home before then, they will have to return the credit to the government.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You are correct Brendodendo. My mistake. I must have read Kendos post stating October and obviously wasn't thinking when I responded. I don't care if they rush out and by a house or not but if they want the credit they should understand that it typically takes 30-45 days to close so they best find a house and get it under contract to be able to close by the deadline. Honestly, I counsel my buyers that they have a decision to make. It's a toss up whether you buy now or wait. Prices are almost certain to continue to fall through Winter and into Spring (thereby saving you the $8,000 anyways), however, interest rates are almost certain to rise which at some point will make your payment as high as if you bought now and the house may actually end up costing you more in the long run if you hold it for the entire, let's say, 30yr term. It really comes down to how motivated they are to get into a home right now.

If you've got any homework for me do send it my way, I'm not afraid of homework and I always like to learn from someone with more knowledge. If anyone has more questions on the credit I have a multipage FAQ doc that will answer any questions you have and more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts