Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go. We've been waiting for the water to come up enough to make it worth everybody's time. Next tuesday night, April 26th at 5pm at Golden. and as always, it's FREE. Boats from Wavesport, Dagger, Liquidlogic and Pyranha will be available to try. This year we are trying to get more of the manufacturers involved at each tuesday demo. Dagger was the first to sign up, so they will also be there this tuesday with their demos.

Come hang out, paddle a bit and meet new people. Everybody is welcome. Please note, boats will be the only gear available, so bring your own skirt, paddle, etc.

Call the shop with questions 303-761-7070 or shoot me an e-mail, [email protected]

hopefully see you tuesday *david

·
Registered
81 Posts
David:
Any chance your LL Vision demos will be in by this Tuesday? I know the El J's are a little backed up, but I want to give the 56 a spin (curious to see if it will float me). Either way, I'll see you Tuesday.
CS

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chris -- we do have both in the demo fleet and both will be there tuesday night. the el jefe's shipped last week, so they will follow shortly.

just a question, but if union is pumping tomorrow, like it is right now, should we switch to union? others please chime in. we tried it once last year, but they shut it off an hour before we got there. it is so much better than golden when union has water. any thoughts on playing the flows?

*david

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Below Chatfield gage updates at 4:15 pm and there's about a three hour lag from Chatfield to Union. In a worst case, if Chatfield stopped releasing at 4:00, you would have until 6:30 or 7:00 to still get decent flow.

So, if you are willing to cut it close and give everyone limited notice, you could decide the where to go on the fly based on the Chatfield gage...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
should we wait and see or commit to golden? we are game for whatever, but don't want to make it a hassle for those who need to make plans in advance. please let us know what your thoughts are and we'll go with the majority.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If Union is up, and we are mostly certain that it will stay that way, then I am up for relocating the demo. How about posting here at 4:30 (Based on Dan's info about the 4:15 thing) with the location. If Union looks good, then we go there. If not, then it's the Golden park & Woody's.

This could become a hastle, but it may be fair to offer a phone number for folks to call for the update. Not everyone has Internet access all day long, so if boaters could call (maybe the shop or a cell phone) after 4:30 to get the info, it may help the whole thing work more smoothly.

David, what do you think?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the only thing i'm concerned with is the hassle of customers trying to find where the demo is last minute. that means we should stick to golden, but... remember 5 years ago when union ran for 2 months straight. could this be the same rain pattern? if that is the case, the demos will be at union til it stops. for those of you who haven't paddled union when there is water, it is much more fun than golden for all abilities. a stretch of 7 or 8 drops gives something for all levels.

so, it seems that it has and will have water for at least a day or so. i vote " How about posting here at 4:30 (Based on Dan's info about the 4:15 thing) with the location. If Union looks good, then we go there. If not, then it's the Golden park & Woody's.

This could become a hastle, but it may be fair to offer a phone number for folks to call for the update. Not everyone has Internet access all day long, so if boaters could call (maybe the shop or a cell phone) after 4:30 to get the info, it may help the whole thing work more smoothly."

what would others out there prefer?

here's the shop # 303-761-7070. they WILL know where we are.

*david

·
Registered
851 Posts
Either way, see you there tonight. I will have some Crazy 88s to demo as well as a few others. Should be a fun kick off to the 05' Tues. night sessions!

hobie
Dagger Kayaks
Paddle with the Pros
Rocky Mountains

·
Registered
281 Posts
yeah, man, i have about 10 with me....you should come down tonight!

i have a full size run in each style of Head Trip Helmets (except for a L/XL Polo, as it is being demo'd at the moment) anybody considering a new helmet definitely needs to try one of these out, compliments of Mountain Miser.

matt solomon
Head Trip

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright, demo tonight is at union. it is still flowing and doesn't look like it's gonna quit. i will repost at 4 o'clock to confirm. we will be there with all the boats by 5 pm. if you have never been to union, here are directions: from hwy 285 (hampden ave) go south on santa fe. go south on santa fe 3 or 4 lights and turn right (west) on union ave. if you hit belleview, you have gone too far. once you have turned west on union, go 1/2 mile or so and cross over the river. take your 1st right into the parking lot after you crossed the river. you will be turning into a baseball field parking lot. head to the right...back towards the river via the parking lot. park anywhere in the lot. you will see the miser truck and head down to the river.

feel free to call the shop to confirm. 303-761-7070.

see ya tonight. david

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just went to union for a look. it's still running over 600 and the sand bar is covered. that means it's good...real good. we are loading up now and will be at UNION by 5pm til 8 or so. call 303-761-7070 for any info.

see you there david

·
Registered
81 Posts
David:
Good choice on Union tonight. The upper hole was fun & easy and there was lots of roll practice to be had at Hollywood. Plenty of folks got past the cold air & got into the Crazy 88s, LL Visions, and EZGs, so mission accomplished.

I say we stick with Union as long as it will have us. Don't get me wrong; Golden is a great place, but bring the boats to the water - at least for now...

·
Registered
851 Posts
Thanks to everyone that turned out. I was amazed at how many paddlers where there. Fun spot as well. Thanks to MM for putting this on. Regadless of what boat you are looking to demo, I suggest going to these Tuesday night free demos. Pretty easy to grab a boat and slide in to the river. And it's free. Sweet.

hobie
Dagger Kayaks
Paddle with the Pros
Rocky Mountains

1 - 14 of 14 Posts