Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all-
A small group of us are headed to the Dolores in a day or two, I've been on the run 6 or 7 times, but that's getting to be about 10 years ago. The only thing I'm concerned about is not remembering where to scout Snag. I seem to remember some sort of landmark just upstream of Little Snag(Son of Snag), it was a sign, or signpost or something of the sort. Is my memory right? Is there some sort of landmark just above Little Snag, or is there an obvious scout spot above Snag. As of now we don't have a map, hoping to find one down in that area. Anyone know if we could find a map in Gunnison, Durango, Cortez or some town close to there. If not, are there any online maps that are good, that we could download? I don't want to miss the Anasazi ruins and petroglyphs. Thanks for the info.

·
Kjirsten
1,483 Posts
There are at least two signs warning of Snaggletooth ahead. The scout is on the left just before a left hand turn that leads in to Snag- it's fairly easy to spot.

4corners River Sports has the Dolores map, but I don't think it shows the ruins or petroglyphs.

Here's an overview- not very detailed map online:

Map of Dolores River, Gateway Canyon, Colorado and Utah, United States

Hi all-
A small group of us are headed to the Dolores in a day or two, I've been on the run 6 or 7 times, but that's getting to be about 10 years ago. The only thing I'm concerned about is not remembering where to scout Snag. I seem to remember some sort of landmark just upstream of Little Snag(Son of Snag), it was a sign, or signpost or something of the sort. Is my memory right? Is there some sort of landmark just above Little Snag, or is there an obvious scout spot above Snag. As of now we don't have a map, hoping to find one down in that area. Anyone know if we could find a map in Gunnison, Durango, Cortez or some town close to there. If not, are there any online maps that are good, that we could download? I don't want to miss the Anasazi ruins and petroglyphs. Thanks for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts