Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reports of cancellations appearing on recreation.gov so if you are looking forget about waiting until March 16th. OK forget I said that and I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Cancellations

I think cancellations were always available before March 16. I see Selway cancellations will be available starting March 16. That may be a change. I'm not sure.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right I think I'm confused looks like they are releasing any they have come in and its unconfirmed that are released after March 16th. Guess I missed that - sorry 4 Rivers. Now I have to ping the site every 5mins.....

·
Registered
133 Posts
COPY AND PASTE FROM OTHER THREAD AS TO NOT PIRATE IT

Dont know about that. Any unconfirmed winners will be released after March 16. It sayss keep checking back for cancellations. Who's to say someone did not confirm their trip in the last couple days and then cancelled it? The snippets below are exactly why i was not waiting until March to check.

Cancellations: Please continue to check this site for cancelled reservations. Cancelled launch dates are released at a random time within 24 hours of submission. Boaters should try to anticipate high and low water levels before reserving a launch date.

Confirmation Required: Successful lottery applicants must sign into their account and confirm their reservation by March 15th. Unconfirmed launches will be released at an undisclosed time on March 16th. If you have any problems confirming or declining your reservation, contact Customer Service at 1-888-448-1474.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right - Selway says all released after March 16th but Main, MF & Snake release when they come in. I really missed that difference. Well, I know now!

·
Registered
572 Posts
This has been the deal with rec.gov since the new lottery system started. Folks that got multible permits or their friends got a better date are turning their permits back in and rec.gov is throwing them out there before 3/15. Nice, huh?

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
I believe it has been this way since Rec.gov took over, maybe sooner. If someone actually logs in and cancels, it is up for grabs right away. March 16 is just those that don't bother to cancel and they automatically lose it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
They just changed the language for cancellations

This is different than what was up a few days ago the first sentence is new - my reading of this is that nothing will be released until March 16th on MF whereas on the Main they are clarifying immediate release.

For the MF

Cancellations: Beginning March 16th, any declined, unconfirmed or cancelled lottery launch dates will be made available randomly. Please continue to check this site throughout the spring and summer for cancelled reservations. Cancelled launch dates are released at a random time within 24 hours of submission. Boaters should try to anticipate high and low water levels before reserving a launch date.

and for the Main

Cancellations: Declined and/or cancelled launch dates are being reissued as of Feb. 6th; please continue to check this site for cancelled reservations. Cancelled launch dates are released at a random time within 24 hours of submission. Boaters should try to anticipate high and low water levels before reserving a launch date.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Where on the site does one look for cancellations? I see the notices, etc referenced in other posts, but I don't see anything on rec.gov showing where to check for cancellations

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finding cancellations

You have to go in the same way as if applying for a permit, if the date shows "A" it has an available slot.
The new language that has now been included indicates they are only making cancellations available for the Main at this time - the other Idaho rivers will not be released until March 16th after the confirmation deadline.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Didn't someone post on another thread that they picked up a MF permit recently? I saw that somewhere, which is contrary to that language.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
108 Posts
The March 16th date is for Selway permits. To my knowledge all other rivers are on the 24hr random release. I did see the a MFS cancellation go up but I was to slow.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They keep changing the cancellation language

The March 16th date is for Selway permits. To my knowledge all other rivers are on the 24hr random release. I did see the a MFS cancellation go up but I was to slow.
Yes now they are admitting to releasing on an ongoing basis they have changed the language yet again:

Today for MF - see my post from a few days ago to compare. Is there a FS person here reading these threads? Would be nice if they could respond and explain what is supposed to be happening and not just go in and keep changing the instructions.

MF Cancellations: Declined and/or cancelled launch dates are being reissued as of Feb. 6th; please continue to check this site for cancelled reservations. Cancelled launch dates are released at a random time within 24 hours of submission. Boaters should try to anticipate high and low water levels before reserving a launch date. After March 15th, the Middle Fork will not re-issue cancellations for launch dates of Aug. 15 through Sept. 15. Groups will also be limited to 12 craft per permit for these launch dates

BUT Hells still has the language from a few days ago - this was what was on the MF - bet this changes when whoever reads this!

Hells Cancellations: Beginning March 16th, any declined, unconfirmed or cancelled lottery launch dates will be made available randomly. Please continue to check this site throughout the spring and summer for cancelled reservations. Cancelled launch dates are released at a random time within 24 hours of submission. Boaters should try to anticipate high and low water levels before reserving a launch date.

Back to checking the bloody site.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Didn't someone post on another thread that they picked up a MF permit recently? I saw that somewhere, which is contrary to that language.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

I picked up a MFS cancellation last week. Just happened to go to the rec.gov site to check the statues of the Deso and SJ lotteries and while there thought I would check the MFS cancellation status. Out of a 2 month window, there was one cancellation available, and I nabbed it. Pure luck how the chain of events took me there. The next day I scored a San Juan through the lottery.

Sent from my iPad using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Anyone know what's up with rec.gov? Their server has been down all day.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Cataraftgirl,
I've been on rec.gov at least 6 times today with no problems.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Every time I try to go to it, I get a "server can't be found" message. Different computers and networks. Still not working.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Still not working on my Mac with either Safari or Chrome.

I'm thinking maybe the Equation Group has imbedded their firmware....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts