Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently moved from Grand Junction to Helena, Montana. I know mountainbuzz is about as good as it gets, but is there a site similar to the buzz for Montana and Idaho kayakers? Thanks in advance.
Curtis

·
Registered
71 Posts
You kidding?

Most of us are still using the Pony Express.

I've got a few boater buds in Helena. Let me know if you want to get in touch. There are not alot of boaters in your area, so most folks are very responsive to getting new boating pards. That's the good news.

What brings you to Helena??

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm in Great Falls

Moved to Great Falls in November and haven't really connected with the boating community in the area yet....but then again I've been skiing way too much. Now that season is pretty much over I need to get serious about finding other paddlers in the "area". Drop me a line....

eric

[email protected]

·
Super Moderator
3,891 Posts
I'll be in Libby working 100 ft from the Kootenai river in the latter half of April. Will there be anything nearby running by then or will everything still be in the deep freeze?

Thanks,

--Andy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Spring Meltdown

I'm told that most of the snow has melted in the valley bottoms, although you don’t have to go too high to find snow. The river is running about 6500, so its close to the 7000-11,000 optimal flow---you should have plenty of water.

Note:
The river is closed from Libby Dam to the Hwy. 37 bridge from April 1 to June 1 to protect spawning rainbow trout.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts