Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just moved to Flagstaff and I'm curious as to whether or not the monsoons actually bring up the creeks enough to boat. Also, I need boater friends.
Jeremy
479 four four 5 4785

·
Registered
40 Posts
The monsoons are too spotty, local, and short duration to really cause much watershed-level runoff. Once in a while there might be a monsoon storm that is widespread enough to cause some decent runoff, but you'd need to be ready to drive to the put in on a moments notice or you will miss the peak flow.

Best bet for right now is to hope for a hurricane remnant to come through in September/October and provide some watershed wide rain.

·
Registered
487 Posts
The salt is at 600cfs, definantly runnable, and it looks like it may rise for a couple days before the bottom drops out.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yep, they will bring up the creeks in a hurry. Some days are better than others. Don't get on 'em as they are rising. As they drop from ridiculously high levels, they will sometimes maintain for a day or so. Keep all your gear in your car and quit your job.

·
Registered
312 Posts
For instance, The Salt at Chrysotile is just under 1000cfs this morning after yesterdays monsoon storms. Tonto is running at over 135. Some of the sweet tribs do not have gauges and you just have to get lucky or play the rain station game. Save your sick days for July/August.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All right then, A: I have no job. B: I just moved here and have nothing better to do.
C: Who wants to show me where all this shit is?
I just got a place yesterday, so the moving is going to take up today, but after that, boating is going to be my only option besides biking.
Give me a call if you want to hit something up tomorrow or this weekend.

·
Registered
34 Posts
rising.sun your a jackass. The whole state of az is going off right now, way more boating than in co right now. He's probably some assclown raft guide, watch those guages!

·
Registered
12 Posts
All right then, A: I have no job. B: I just moved here and have nothing better to do.
C: Who wants to show me where all this shit is?
I just got a place yesterday, so the moving is going to take up today, but after that, boating is going to be my only option besides biking.
Give me a call if you want to hit something up tomorrow or this weekend.

for those without jobs, children, etc...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts