Mountain Buzz banner

Monarch Pass BC 12-13

4377 22
Well, Monarch Pass finally recieved a respectable dump with 13" falling out of this last storm. I am heading up to do my first bc trip of the year, looking at maybe Perfect Trees or dropping over into the North Fooses Headwall or Pecker Face. Should be a good opportunity to dig around a little and get familiar with the early season snowpack. I usually do these trips solo, but anyone interested in joining me is welcome.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
847 Posts
Two deaths this past weekend does not start the season on a good foot. One outside of Aspen and one in-bounds at Snowbird.

Hey Rdneck, I skiied sat and sunday and the trees off of breeze were filling in nicely. I was skiing my rock powder boards, so I did not care if I hit anything. The trees on Garfield needed more snow, but Gunbarrel was deep on Sun. and Pano was decent both days. I was going to stay out of the trees for the second half of the day yesterday, and switched to some better boards, but then my binding broke at the top of Garfield and I got to telly down on one ski! Back on my rock boards I went. As cold and windy it was, I was happy to be in-bounds.

· Registered
847 Posts
I am up for some turns, but are you talking at Monarch or BC? With the avalanche danger being as high as it is, I plan on just skiing at Monarch.

It is dumping here at work in Fairplay, what is it doing in Gunny?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.