Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice pics Meng...

That day was a true spectacle for carnage. I was surelly happy when it was over. Next year we will have to make sure the pond stays in tact and i wont let any dumbass's near the thing. I like the pics though, did you happen to read the article in the Denver post, its kind of funny. I bet that course is still up on Freeway.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mike Camp was featured in the Denver Post's article of the event. I think he took 3rd place overall at 38ish years old. If you've never met this guy he is one of the craziest, ugliest, and most red neck of paddlers out there. Mike was running class V southern creeks in Dancers back in his Georgia days. He is an unsung hero of the paddling world. He has always paddled for his own being and piece of mind, not for fame or glory. It's an honor to sit next to Mike in a bar in Lake City, CO or Healy Alaska and watch him laugh at the cocky raft guide or creek boater trying to out do his stories. It can't be done.
If any writers are out there from the mags, track this guy down in Lake City and take him away to some foreign, awesome place. He deserves it and you'll get one hell of a story.
Thanks Mike for your years of paddling and pushing me to take my canoe where I shouldn't. Can't wait to get back on the water with you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts