Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while ago I found some good play in white's rapid on the daily run in Moab. At the time someone mentioned something called "Trash Compactor" that was supposedly good as well. Any one have any info on these spots or levels for different spots down there?

Peter

·
DP/ Cinematographer
221 Posts
Moab

Pete there is one good play hole I stayed at for a while and returned to the next day. Its right off a main pull off and just down stream about 100 yards. Its all roadside visible in the canon. Its is close to "take out Beach", upstream I think. Its mostly all class 2 with a few possible 3's. The guys @ Canyon Voyages in main street can give you a map and detailed info. I think we went in July so I'm not sure of the flows....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Upstream from the "Hippy Beach" -- large sand beach, that is not the take out used by rafters, is a feature we've always called 'Dead Dog." It forms over a rock on river left about 2 yards from the bank at flows around 9000 (I am guessing -- it's been a while). I believe this is the next feature downstream from white's just before the river makes a light right then left.. It's not visible from the road, but look for the turnout just before the road is very close to the cliff and then drops down towards the ranch (coming from Moab). It's been a long time, so I am a little shakey on this one.

Trash Compactor is visible from the BLM signed Sandy Beach parkig area. (There's a shitter there, but not at Hippy Beach.) I think it's a low water feature...

Sorry for the sketchy details

1 - 3 of 3 Posts