Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of taking some kids down this stretch if all my permits lose.
I want to launch at Dewey bridge and take out near highway 191. Does anyone know if there is a ramp there?

·
Super Moderator
4,058 Posts
You can extend it a bit further by putting in at either Cisco, Westwater (easy weekday permit), or Grand Junction.

Have a great trip - it's a really nice float and very scenic.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the replies. Forgot to ask about overnight parking, is there any?

·
Misspellingintothefuture!
1,901 Posts
Overnight parking is fine at all the boat ramps, but I have been told the moab boat ramp is prone to vandalism if left over night, not sure if still true.
1 other option could be to put in further up stream at one of the places andy suggested, and take out at take out beach instead, I enjoy the section from take out to moab, but it can get a touch breezy in the afternoons.

If you end up needing shuttle help, Navtec rafting has helped me out a few times, if they have a trip headed up stream anyway, and vehicle space, they often are willing to shuttle a driver upstream at a fair price, we are all ways sure to tip there driver.

·
1,901 Posts
Is the Moab daily ok for dogs?
Believe so, minus the section of land after take out beach riv right which is part of arches national park. You can double check river way regulations to be sure, blm site for moab area should say.
You will want a p.f.d. for your friend, and please clean up after him, that section gets a lot of use. :D

P.S. Beware of week ends in may/ june, as it can be quite the Colorado river shit show down there.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I parked at the moab bridge takeout overnight a few weeks ago and didn't have any issues. It is kind of hidden away out of any traffic though, so I'm not surprised to hear of some vandalism.

Other people had dogs on the river, though I'm not positive if they are allowed.

Hitching along that section is super easy if you are just going to Dewey. Would probably prefer a shuttle if heading to cisco. You could always takeout at potash also to extend your trip, but then you would either need to hire shuttle or get 2+ rides.

·
1,901 Posts
Htched from potash back to cisco one time, mostly walked from dewy to cisco, that is one long walk. Cisco is kind of a spooky ghost town to walk through at night.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts