Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any info on paddle shops in Missoula that might rent gear? I will be in the area all next week and was told that I should hit the play park in town if I do anything at all boating related in the area.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
851 Posts
I just called Pipestone Mountaineering and they said they have everything for rent except a dry top (but you won't need one because it is HOT) He said they have boats, helmets, skirts, paddles, and PFDs. Cost is $25 a day for everything and they are right next to Brenden's wave downtown. The # and address is:

129 W. Front St.
Missoula, MT 59802
(406) 721-1670

hobie

·
Registered
43 Posts
Edge of the World on Higgins and the Canoe Rack on California Street both rent gear, too.

Pipestone is Dagger, EOW is Wavesport, Jackson, and Necky (? I think) and Canoe Rack is LiquidLogic, Pyranha, and I think Prijon.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Muchos gracias amigos. That's a tremendous help. Hopefully the wave is still good.

Chris

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Visited Missoula recently. Here's the scoop:

There's lots of shops in town that rent boats/paddles. Edge of the World http://www.edgeoworld.com/zoo/index.html is a great shop.

Edge demo'd me a project 52 and a Werner player paddle for nuthin' so long as I was going to the wave, talking good about their shop and letting others try the boat.

After taking advantage of this arrangement for 3 consecutive days, I tried to be a good guy and got them a 12-pack 4 their troubles, but dropped it on the their floor and caused quite a mess. (Doh!) :( Luckily ony two beers were lost!

Brennans wave was running about 3000 if memory serves. It was a great feature, fast, deep pocket, spin and wheel city. Loops if you're a loopy type of person.

Try to hook up with Chucky and his gang in Missoula...dude and his crew took me down Alberton Canyon - Easy III- run with awsome (friggin's sick) surf.

Great boater community. Edge of the World is two blocks from the park, you really don't need a car if you don't want one. Hang out at the wave, and you'll definitly meet some people to paddle with.

Fun town! Enjoy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts