Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find myself recently relocated to the Missoula, Montana area, and would like to connect with some local kayakers. I haven't been able to find a mailing list or website dedicated to Montana kayaking like there is in other areas.

I've taken my raft down the Alberton Gorge several times, and hoped to chat with kayakers on the run, but there have been almost no kayakers around on the days I've run it.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to connect with local Missoula kayakers, or have any personal connections they might suggest?

·
Registered
540 Posts
What codycleve said - just go downtown to Brennan's wave and get some wave time in, you'll meet plenty of kayakers and surfers.

Welcome to the Zoo.

·
Registered
540 Posts
also check out fundraising events for Max Wave
That reminds me - the Blackfoot river cleanup day is this Saturday, would be a good way to meet folks.

"The 12th annual Blackfoot River Cleanup invites boaters, divers, walkers, families and anyone interested in keeping the Blackfoot River as clean and beautiful as possible. We invite divers and boaters to sign up at 8:00 AM, and walkers to sign up at 9:00 AM at Johnsrud Park. A BBQ lunch for all participants will be served from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts