Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Kjirsten
1,483 Posts
[Message from GCPBA email list, Photo link from RRFW - admins]

Hello,

Our son, Brian Schmedding, a white water rafting guide from Maine, hasbeen missing since 8/9/09. He had rafted the Grand canyon with other guides in the past and it is possible that he may have traveled to the area late last summer in search of a guide job. We are desperate to find our boy. Attached is the missing persons poster. Can you please take the time to open the photos, and reply to me if you have seen our son or not. Please feel free to pass this info on to others in therafting community.

A photo of Brian may be seen at here by clicking this text.

Thanks for your help,

Tom & Janet Schmedding
76 Lawlor RdTolland, CT 06084
Home phone 860-871-2841
Cell phone 860-508-1586
Email mailto:[email protected] gmail.com

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Someone should E-mail the parents and invite them to join the forum here. Hope they find him safe and sound. This is a good reminder that you raft guides out there need to check in at home once in a while. Back in the day..... I had to buy my kid a pager to keep track of him

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
done

·
Maine Guide
3 Posts
Who'd he guide for up in Maine?? It's a pretty tight group there in The Forks. I slut it out between a couple companies up there. Face looks wicked familiar and most likely we've got mutual friends up there.

·
Kjirsten
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who'd he guide for up in Maine?? It's a pretty tight group there in The Forks. I slut it out between a couple companies up there. Face looks wicked familiar and most likely we've got mutual friends up there.
Kenny- you sound like you're from Maine. Wicked familiar... :p

Anyway, you should email his folks directly because I don't know if they have discovered this site yet.

·
Super Moderator
4,121 Posts
Anyway, you should email his folks directly because I don't know if they have discovered this site yet.
Done - last night I followed up Kjirsten's post above by posting the above message to RaftZone over on BoaterTalk, then sent an email to Brian's parents letting them know about this and the RaftZone threads (with links).

-AH

·
Registered
214 Posts
Into The Wild???

To be missing this long is strange? hopefully it is his choice!?
Who made last contact with him? any friends out west? Car?
Will keep a eye out!

·
Maine Guide
3 Posts
To be missing this long is strange? hopefully it is his choice!?
Who made last contact with him? any friends out west? Car?
Will keep a eye out!
He goes by "Schmed". Headed out West with a Jess or Katie. Ya hope its some little self-exploration jaunt or something.

·
Registered
701 Posts
missing endangered?

What does that mean in the notice? Does this mean he was at risk for a medical issue or anything like that?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts