Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quake Lake, Remix 69 on Vimeo

I have been enjoying my Remix 69. I recently took it down Quake Lake which is basically a mini North Fork at about 1100cfs. An earthquake back in the last centery buried a bunch of campsites with a mountainside. It also created Quake Lake and in its destruction, where their use to be flat river bed, is now a super classic stretch of class IV-V whitewater, with an avg gradient of 160ft/mile. The no roll rules are in effect here aswell do to the extremely young nature of the sharp rock in the river bed. You can literally pick up rocks anywhere sharp enough to use as a knife. I meet up with my buddy Christian than we ventured down along with my neighbor Jason for some Upper Madison Gold. Hope you Buzzards enjoy

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
What section of the NF would you compare it to for difficulty and then consequences? I understand the consequences are quite high as you mention sharp rocks and that there's not much for recovery area (although it is quite short). I have catboating friends that have run it and won't get near the NF, although that may be about reputation as much as anything.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its got that same continuous feel. its lower flows here like 1100 so of coarse you dont have that same speed in the river bed id say harder than the lower 5.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts