Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember those awesome milk shakes in Shoup that were always a highlight at the end of the Middle Fork trips, or at the beginning of the Main Salmon runs? Well, they're back! Just, in a different place.

I spent some time down river from North Fork last fall and again this spring looking for a steelhead or two to hook, and found out that the old Ram's Head Lodge is open again. They have rooms (with their own bathroom) available, as well as a larger full cabin for rent. The café has some of the best burgers I've had in a long time, too (can you say 1/2" sliced BACON??). The best news, though, is that they have great milkshakes!

The Reece's are a great couple, and are looking forward to being there for a long time to come, so let's all stop in and do our part to keep the old tradition of those milkshakes alive and well for generations to come!

Interesting side note, too...Chris's grandparents are the one's who owned the Shoup store when I was a young boater stopping in for my apre-Middle Fork milkshake years ago. Unfortunately, the old store just isn't usable anymore. Stop in and talk to them, they're story is pretty interesting!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Great news.. i still wish they had them at shoup for running the day stretch as we take out at cove.. for those days the north fork store has good ice cream an burgers... also north fork store has the best beer selection in the area..

i was planning on taking a family drive down to corn creek next weekend. We may have to plan a lunch stop

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

1 - 2 of 2 Posts