Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old pump wouldn't fit in the military valve with the gaskets installed. This gasket is the one that holds the pump in place so you don't need an extra person to hold the hose. I removed all of the gaskets to fit my old pump, and in my old age forgot where I put them. Now I would like to replace them as my new pump fits more easily with the gaskets installed. Does anyone know where to buy more of these gaskets? Thanks! I already tried searching this site (and google) and found some others with the same problem, but no solutions were posted.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I think you mean "adapter" to fit military valves. And by "military" I suppose you mean the old metal valves, not the "newer" nylon ones? Try nrsweb.com or DRE, if they don't have (I'm too lazy to search for you...) then I'm sure Man of Rubber can hook you up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m not looking for the valve adapter. Both the metal and nylon valves have an o ring on the inside of the valve where the valve adapter fits. It holds the end of the pump hose (valve adapter) in place, but the end of my last pump was too big but fit pretty well with the o-ring removed. I already searched nrs and dre.

·
Registered
836 Posts
NAPA or O'Reilly Auto Parts, most any auto parts (or even hardware) store should have variety of O-rings. As I recall, that O-ring is pretty big, you may need to find it in Grainger's catalog and then locate locally.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That’s my plan but I don’t have an example o-ring to measure. I’m hoping someone out there has already measured one. If I don’t hear back on here my plan is to email DRE. If someone posts here though it could help someone else with this problem in the future. My boat is too old to spend money on upgrading to leafields.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts