Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poudre Puff Mission #1: Public Service Day

We saw Leif's photo of the tree in the Middle Narrows the other day, and thought we'd head up there to see what we could do about it before the water came up too much more:

Long story short...lots of thought and planning, and a few good photos. When's the last time you saw a girl ferry across the river with a chainsaw on her back? Yeah. Me neither.

Anchoring with a lot of pink webbing

The Jenneral and her Wood Boss gettin' er done! (a.k.a. not yer average girl scout)

3 Puffs + 4.5 hours + 1 chain saw + lots of rope and webbing = some very cold, sore, and happy ladies. And a big pile of (water-logged and heavy as shit) wood. It really was an awesome evening.

With lots of rain on the way down the canyon and near 80 degrees predicted for the weekend, it may be good to go here pretty soon! Yee-haw! See you up there!

·
Super Moderator
2,904 Posts
Long story short...lots of thought and planning, and a few good photos. When's the last time you saw a girl ferry across the river with a chainsaw on her back? Yeah. Me neither.
Nice work. That just gave me a warm fuzzy. We got a couple of logs in Pistol on the Middle Fork. Oh yeah no chainsaws in the wilderness.

Hey Dave

http://www.idahostatesman.com/235/story/81248.html

They would much rather wait until it gets worse and then through some dinomite.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sweet, Thanks ladies for your hard work.
Jason

Nice work. That just gave me a warm fuzzy. We got a couple of logs in Pistol on the Middle Fork. Oh yeah no chainsaws in the wilderness.

Hey Dave

The Idaho Statesman - Always Idaho

They would much rather wait until it gets worse and then through some dinomite.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Nice work!

Rock on ladies! The Poudre Power Puffs earnin' a reputation! Gotta love the pink webbing! Let 'er rip....:mrgreen:

·
Registered
676 Posts
nice work ladies. i remember looking at that log coming back from skiing this winter and thinking it would be a problem come may. thanks for gettin' 'er done.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Wowasa you are girls are hard core. A++

Thanks for the hard work

·
Owner: Class 5 Carvings
621 Posts
Great work ladies, glad to see your chain saw came that little pruning saw would have taken a bit longer with the burley end on the far side of the river. Well Weather creeping towards 90 for sunday makes me think you got it out just in time for everyone to start running through there. Thanks again, we'll notify you ladies with the next log that falls in.

P the K

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
everybody should have some pink webbing

Paul, you're not kidding! Sarah's little saw was great for cutting off the skinny end and getting rid of those pesky branches, but there's no way we could have done what we did without Jen and her Stihl. Heckuva logger, that one.

Hobie, we might be able to help you guys out but our fee is pretty high...Crown, some good tequilla, and a whole lotta PBR. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts