Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have run the M.F. at 1.7'. Based on the predictions is looks like the water will be closer to 1.5' on 7-31-21. How much difficulty does .2' on the gauge make? Going from Boundary. Screw the airplanes. Some of the group has cancelled, water and or smoke issues. Four of us looking forward to the challenge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We just got off the river on Sunday. The Chutes and Cove Creek were very sticky (even all the guide boats were getting stuck in the Chutes). We helped get a sweep boat unstuck in Cove Creek. Pack light and bring some cash for a beer resupply at the Flying B. Once we got past Pistol Creek still a lot of getting stuck, but not to bad.

Flying B had a 2 blocks of ice per permit limit in case that helps too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So you’re looking for people to join your trip and spread out group gear on more boats?
I don't think we have equipment issues. We would be open to some good folks joining us. We are have 5 now. Mtn. Buzz used to have a personal contact function. I am not able to find it. What is the best way to contact you?

·
Registered
422 Posts
If you click on a name in a thread, there's a button called start conversation, it's the best way I've found to privately message people on here.
I sadly don't think I can make that work as I'll be traveling and have to be back on 8/3 in Denver. But hope you can find some other good folks to join you! It's a beautiful river, where I learned to row boats.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Got your PM cahatch
If you don't see your PM's, check here, click that box under the arrow, click conversations and you'll see it.

·
no tengo
1,887 Posts
even all the guide boats were getting stuck in the Chutes
So we ran it a few weeks ago at 2.2 which is plenty of water and at least one commercial outfit was the absolute worst at getting stuck! We had to wait forever for this company to unpin 3 out of 4 of their boats multiple times. so pathetic really. I guess a year off for covid they all became rookies again.

·
Registered
359 Posts
How do you get stuck at over 2’? I would have thought that was really difficult with that much water. They must have been loaded to the gills with beer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts