Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out the Aspen's yesterday around Eldora over my lunch hour and was looking at middle Boulder creek through the town of Eldora.

Has anyone run from Hessie through the town of Eldora, through Arapahoe Ranch and through Ned to Barker? If so, any issues, fences, class rating, or beta?

If remember right, there is one pretty good rapid in the town of Eldora and there is a tight cement bridge at the East end of Eldora. Can't really see through A Ranch. I know A ranch is visited by some sweet wildlife, including moose.

Not sure how friendly A Ranch would be to boaters floating through? I am working on that with some locals.

It may not be the best whitewater, however, I would like to float and check it out next year, if possible.

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
I think John Koffler May have done it a few years ago. I'll try to find out from him. looks pretty flat below Eldora and as you said there is at least one if not several bridges that do not go at high flow. The rapid right above where the pavement ends looks pretty fun.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I paddled through the town of Eldora last spring, not much there, I live there though so I had to do it. You can make it under all but one bridge. I didn't go below, there are a lot of private property issues, wood, and barbed wire. I have been looking though, maybe next spring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts