Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to my girlfriend its my turn to plan the annual vacation and I'll be damned if we are going back to the beach this year. I was hoping to plan a short multiday river trip near Nashville so we could swing by and enjoy some night life for a few days before or after the trip. I am experienced in rowing up to class III-IV although I'm not sure what central Tennessee has to offer. I was on the Pigeon a few years back and wasn't impressed at all. Whitewater isn't a necessity for the trip, in fact fishing would be more appealing this go around. I know a lot of the popular rivers in TN are in the eastern part of the state that's why I'm reaching out to this group. Some other noteworthy trip details: ideally we plan it for June or July (I know, low flow season) and that I will be trailering my raft from Central WV.

Thanks for any input,
Spencer

· Registered
38 Posts
Big South Fork of the Cumberland has options for 3-4 day trip and good fishing.

Buffalo River has options of overnight canoe/kayak trip.

Lots of sections on the Duck River with a state park for camping.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the Ocoee might be a little further from Nashville than I was hoping, but it is nice that its dam released since we will be there in the summer. I appreciate all of the suggestions so far and will looking into each of them. The Cumberland River has my eye right now.

· Registered
24 Posts
Bru, cumberland is like the mississippi.. Kentucky has somewhat of a run, below the falls on the cumberland. the responses above or right on.. Big south fork is a 12'rs dream with water..it is challenging with water. I will float w you in my 14 cat if you are here and bring the water.. Noli, Clear Creek, BSF, obed..pigeon. Duck, Buffalo, no gradient but nice.. with some water. Duck is the closest or caney fork dam release section.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts