Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if any of you know of some good beer offerings in cans. Other than Guiness, Molson, Fosters, Becks or Heinekan. Looking for something local that can be acquired in either Portland or in Boise ...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Can you get any Montana microbrews in Boise right now? The Kettlehouse fucking kills it with their Eddy Out Pale Ale, Cold Smoke Scotch Ale, and the king of 16 oz canned beers: Double Haul IPA.

Also from Missoula, Big Sky is probably more widely distributed and people seem to dig that, too. You should also be able to find Fat Tire in cans in Boise, too.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I think Fat Tire in a can is better than it is in a bottle. (Still better on tap, of course).
Dale's Pale Ale seems pretty widely distributed...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dale's goes for like $10/sixer in MT which is fucking retarded when it's extremely rare to pay more than $7 for any domestic microbrew sixer around here.

·
Registered
299 Posts
If the NW is anything like CO, there oughta be plenty of good canned beers. beer trend. lots of folks canning their shit, cheaper I think? not to mention the market of outdoor beer drinkers. cans make sense. Trick is finding the right liquor store. Portland ought to have a ass load of likely vendors...Andy and Bax will certainly know: Andy and Bax: Home

·
Registered
929 Posts
Anything that Oskar Blues puts out is good. Dale's Pale does not pack a punch. Tenfidy does (10.5%) oh yeah and its a stout, thats nuts to have a stout with that high of a alcohol content. Fat Tire is for Pussies. Sunshine in a can is better.

If you are going to bitch about the price for drinking a micro brew either move to a better state or start being a real boater and get yourself a 30 stone of PBR.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Words to live by...'the only bad beer is no beer, but... good beer is better' here in SW Or. Caldera comes in cans and is very good.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Here in Eugene we can get our hands on Oskar, Caldera, New Belgium, and Anderson Valley brews in a can so you can probably get at least those in Portland. Just finished a Rogue trip full of great canned beer.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'll start by apologizing for some of my Colorado brothers and sisters. Being one of the lowest states in education funding, some of our residents lack basic literacy and vocabulary skills. The suggestions from the Oskar Blues brewery and from the Fat Tire brewery probably won't fit the bill as they are in Colorado and thus not "local" for you up in the Pacific North West. For future reference, when attempting to communicate with someone from Colorado (especially us natives) your best bet is to stick to simple sentences and monosyllabic words.;)

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
Yes, I find their arguments both shallow and pedantic. Furthermore, I attribute our constituents lack of literacy, convincing evidence, support and syllables to deficiencies in state educational funding and lack of penis length and girth.

Here we see that recent studies clearly support this finding:

The guys who called Coloradans' d*cks small: Shmucks of the Week - Denver News - The Latest Word

Minnesota ranks No. 28 in U.S. penis size. The good news? We're ahead of Wisconsin - Minneapolis / St. Paul News - The Blotter

Geographically, I average about 9 or 10th in top-ten hung, intelligent states. Which myself and my colleague's have found to be true. I would continue to argue that this research supports current ideas that such localism or "native syndrome" assumptions is solely responsible for 96.49% of all douchebags. Margin of error 0%.

Here we see the full scale..

Douchebag<--------*--------*--------*--------*--------*------->Not Douchebag

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'll start by apologizing for some of my Colorado brothers and sisters. Being one of the lowest states in education funding, some of our residents lack basic literacy and vocabulary skills. The suggestions from the Oskar Blues brewery and from the Fat Tire brewery probably won't fit the bill as they are in Colorado and thus not "local" for you up in the Pacific North West. For future reference, when attempting to communicate with someone from Colorado (especially us natives) your best bet is to stick to simple sentences and monosyllabic words.;)

Then do us all a favor....get in your Subaru and GTFO. You're a bigger tool than LhoweMT.

Awaiting your cliche response.....

·
Registered
418 Posts
Then do us all a favor....get in your Subaru and GTFO. You're a bigger tool than LhoweMT.

Awaiting your cliche response.....
Another random question...have you heard the song "Gaper" by Bones? I thought it was appropriate due to your avatar, your mention of Subarus and my mention of natives.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Fat Tire is for Pussies. Sunshine in a can is better.
LOL!!! Check your beer history Sally. Wheat beer was originally brewed for women and children and was not typically consumed by men. Careful about questioning manhood based on beer preferences.

As far as the topic, Dale's would be my vote, but I haven't tried a few of the other suggestions.

·
Registered
97 Posts
LOL!!! Check your beer history Sally. Wheat beer was originally brewed for women and children and was not typically consumed by men."
Whoa, hold your horses there, beerman. Actually, wheat beer was originally brewed in areas where people grew primarily ... wait for it ... wheat, instead of barley. It was wheat beer or no beer.

Nowadays, very sweet wheat beers are brewed by men in an attempt to get women drunk on a non-bitter alternative to most ales and lagers.

Also, if wheat beer is for pussies and that's why she loves it, what the hell is she doing with that wheat beer?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts