Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I don't normally do this because I feel like most people have their circle of river friends and because most that read this will internally say "YEAH SURE, DREAM ON". However, If anyone has a MFS permit and an open slot, I'd like to be considered. I am retired so I can go on a short notice. I am also always willing to both physically and fiscally contribute to a trip. I have extensive experience on western rivers including the MFS, Main Salmon, Grand, Yampa and Lodore, Salt and Poudre. I also have a good portion of the gear required including a complete kitchen, pin kit, and cribbage game. I am pleasant and outgoing as MOST of my friends will attest and don't really party (with the occasional exception of a bit to much bourbon at the first night's camp). Please drop me a line If you have an opening or a last minute drop out. TXS John.
PS: Since some asked, I live in Loveland Colorado and have a Frontier pickup and trailer for gear

·
Registered
287 Posts
So I don't normally do this because I feel like most people have their circle of river friends and because most that read this will internally say "YEAH SURE, DREAM ON". However, If anyone has a MFS permit and an open slot, I'd like to be considered. I am retired so I can go on a short notice. I am also always willing to both physically and fiscally contribute to a trip. I have extensive experience on western rivers including the MFS, Main Salmon, Grand, Yampa and Lodore, Salt and Poudre. I also have a good portion of the gear required including a complete kitchen, pin kit, and cribbage game. I am pleasant and outgoing as MOST of my friends will attest and don't really party (with the occasional exception of a bit to much bourbon at the first night's camp). Please drop me a line If you have an opening or a last minute drop out. TXS John.
PS: Since some asked, I live in Loveland Colorado and have a Frontier pickup and trailer for gear
View attachment 66979
I assume you have a boat? I currently have space for an Oct 3 launch, middle/main/possible lower. I’m not too averse to taking on strangers.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume you have a boat? I currently have space for an Oct 3 launch, middle/main/possible lower. I’m not too averse to taking on strangers.
Thank You, but I'm not able to go in October. Lets keep in touch though. Where do you live?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just a suggestion, if you have the freedom...load up your boat, stock up on food n bourbon(extra beer doesn't hurt) go camp out at Boundary for a few days. See if you can bum along on a trip launching. I've had pretty good success with this.
If you get skunked, hit the Payette or Main.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a suggestion, if you have the freedom...load up your boat, stock up on food n bourbon(extra beer doesn't hurt) go camp out at Boundary for a few days. See if you can bum along on a trip launching. I've had pretty good success with this.
If you get skunked, hit the Payette or Main.
Thats a great Idea

·
Registered
287 Posts
Depending on whether that sort of thing is important to you, it would be an unpermitted trip. Your name wouldn’t be on the trip permit. Can you add it at Boundary? I dunno.
I wouldn’t care in the least, but for some folks it might be a concern.
I’m of the school that it’s easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Depending on whether that sort of thing is important to you, it would be an unpermitted trip. Your name wouldn’t be on the trip permit. Can you add it at Boundary? I dunno.
I wouldn’t care in the least, but for some folks it might be a concern.
I’m of the school that it’s easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
From Me: Is it possible to add someone to a permit at launch or the day before launch while at Boundary Creek?

This from the Middle Fork Ranger: Yes it is, however we don't recommend it. If it's one person, that would be fine, however if it's more than one that could affect campsites. You will also need to bring your credit card, as you will have to pay.

·
Registered
287 Posts
That’s good information, thanks! I guess we can gather up any strays at the launch and send them down the river. You know...the owl eyed ones that can’t figure out how they got there, or where their friends are.

·
Registered
19 Posts
From Me: Is it possible to add someone to a permit at launch or the day before launch while at Boundary Creek?

This from the Middle Fork Ranger: Yes it is, however we don't recommend it. If it's one person, that would be fine, however if it's more than one that could affect campsites. You will also need to bring your credit card, as you will have to pay.
John, when did you ask the MF Ranger and how long did it take them to reply (phone or e-mail?). I sent an e-mail over a week ago with a question for an upcoming July trip and they haven't replied yet.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
19 Posts
I did not ignore John in Loveland, we privated messaged. MF Ranger e-mail didn't send correctly so his link (mfchecker......) was more direct and worked for a quick reply, kudo's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts