Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ladies,
What is that one thing you wish you had/ were so glad you had on an 8 day MFS trip? I have only been on 3-4 day trips so far and have the basics (sarong, personal hygiene stuff etc...) but wondering what that one thing I haven't thought of is that just makes a trip like this even more awesome!
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Maybe I'm out of my element here but my wife seems to go through about two gallons of lotion on multiday trips.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Super Moderator
2,900 Posts
From doing multiple 8 day trips with my wife - bring pads or tampons or whatever you use. They are dammed expensive at the B. Never fails, even when she thinks it's not time.

Ditto the lotion. Also something like bag balm, desitin or vaseline for foot cracking. And if you haven't been wearing sandals all the time - moleskin in case of chafing. And aloe.

have a ball.

·
Registered
811 Posts
glad you had on an 8 day MFS trip?
My wife says a bucket and shampoo so that she can dip water out of the hot springs to wash her hair, and a change of clothes to leave in the car so that she has clean clothes for the trip home.

·
Misspellingintothefuture!
1,901 Posts
My friends wife is not much of a camper, but i think what gets her to go boating is the solar shower. That thing is awesome a few days into a trip.
Funny so far all the responses are from guys.

·
Misspellingintothefuture!
1,901 Posts
Guys that very much want to run the middle fork? Hmm. Not up for grabs, butt i do want to run the middle fork......

·
Registered
253 Posts
Wet wipes, pee jar for the tent, zip-lock baggie for small trash in tent (wet wipes), nail clippers, extra batteries for headlamps, etc., and especially (as has been mentioned) lots of lotion.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
A small pee bucket for the tent is a must. Either a solar shower or a bucket for bathing. Because you are spending a large part of the day in wet paddle clothing, baby powder and some sort of anti-fungal cream can be life savers in case of skin irritation or yeast infection. I often bring a hammock along for lounging.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ditto to all of the above with this addition-

Small cooler stocked with dry ice and...wait for it...ice cubes for cocktails. I rig it on the bottom in the back- never sees the light of day until camp. BEST EVER for that first camp cocktail....

Also- fun sarong for camp and quick changes...something about a sarong just says 'vacation!!!'

·
Super Moderator
4,053 Posts
My wife (and everyone else I do multi-day trips with) love hot face cloths in the morning. If you can, keep them a secret, then on the first morning, dunk in hot water and hand to folks as they come down for coffee in the morning. Get a few dozen and you'll be the hero of the trip (at least until after coffee!). On longer trips, bring some laundry soap and use a little bleach from the kitchen box for layover day laundry. A throw bag works as a clothesline. When they're dry, roll them up and store in a big ziploc.

Awhile back I picked up a bunch at Costco that were really plush - no one complained about tripcosting them. Look for them when you're shopping for the trip. If you get colored ones, make sure they're color fast before you use them or it can be a little clownish.

Enjoy!

- AH

·
Registered
676 Posts
Couple of quick thoughts:

SCAT machines won't accept wet wipes, so those should not be in the groover.

Last year on the MFS, I took a battery-powered shower patterned after something I saw on stupidguidetricks. We had 3 solar showers on the trip, and we would fill them in the morning and let them heat on dryboxes all day or fill at a hot spring along the way. A nice hot shower at the end of the day felt really good.

·
Super Moderator
4,053 Posts
^^ good call, Alan. sneakers with socks are great too, and remember to sleep in socks to keep your feet from cracking.

Another thing - a good steel thermos is great. Put your hot water in it for the face cloths in the morning. Before the kitchen gets packed, make a thermos full of hot tea for the day in case someone goes for a swim, the weather turns crappy, whatever.

·
Registered
169 Posts
sounds like....

Well you are from CO so I guess I don't need to mention a "safety" kit. Obviously bring more than you think you need.
Screw lotion. Google Skin Food. That stuff is the shit.
Glowsticks??? Shit can get weird at the end of an 8 day MFS, just sayin.
Have fun. Trip report please!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts