Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one provide a service like you find on the Grand? Blackadar was less than helpful so please don't recommend them as they are not interested in renting groovers.

Got a June 12th Middle Fork/Main trip.

Thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Probably Not

I doubt that you will find anyone that will rent a groover out. They are expensive and can be forgotten at camp or come back not clean. Most people won't want to deal with that hassle. If I were you I would just pick up a 5 gallon bucket with a gamma lid or get an old 20mm Ammo Can from an army navy surplus store. Either is cheap and legal on MFS. Good Luck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Try this place...

Call Dave at Canyon Whitewater Supply and see if it is worth it to detour to IF.

450 S Yellowstone Hwy, Idaho Falls, ID 83402
208-522-3932

·
Registered
358 Posts
U Rec Programs

Check out the outdoor programs at these colleges:

Going through SLC? The U has a big rental program and I assume rents outside the college (our local ones do). I see a groover for $8 day.

Equipment Rental | Campus Recreation Services

Ditto USU in Logan - I can see that they rent to the public:

Rentals - Campus Recreation - www.usu.edu

ISU rents Partner goovers - the pinnacle of the grooving experience for $7 per day if more than 2 days.

Outdoor Adventure Center: Equipment Prices | Idaho State University

·
Registered
203 Posts
I normally do. River Bank system with up to 4 tank, reasonable. But they will be on the Grand in June. Try hitting up Nate at Selway Fab, he may be able to 'demo' something out of boise.

Boicatr
Payetteriver.com

·
Registered
471 Posts
We rent groovers, though our online payment system is not active right now. Pocatello, ID.

City of Pocatello - Outdoor Equipment Rental

Prices are as low as $7 per day per tank for long trips.

Jonny partner systems. Bring em back clean or pay us a ridiculous amount to clean them. ($100/hour). Just use the SCAT machine in riggins, NBD.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts