Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,737 Posts
Damn Will. Where is the like button? Looks like a great run. Way to get after it. Sure wish I had a smallish raft as I do like to R2.

BTW those tents you helped me get years ago are still in service. One was nearly permanently setup in the backyard this summer until two days ago. Thx again for that.

·
Paddling in to the Future
574 Posts
that looks wild! I really don't know that area well, but that doesn't look like what i played on (down river from Gasquet) a couple years ago. We didn't even know about the smith river at that time, we just stumbled across it by dumb luck, and had the IK's with us, was a lot of fun, very beautiful river.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Smith has bunch of different stretches. From Gasquet down you wouldn't run into much until Oregon Hole Gorge. Then from the confluence of the SF/MF to the Pacific there is nothing but flat water (although very pretty with the redwoods). But the SF has a nice gorge towards the bottom and upstream is a good class IIIish stretch (and even further upstream is a more burly stretch). The Upper MF (Patrick Creek down) has fun stuff at higher flows too)...

The NF Smith is a beautiful stretch that is far removed from the highway. Here's a quick write-up of the NF Smith from back in April:

North Fork Smith – April 9, 2015 | Oregon Rafting

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.