Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?: I am wondering about the level at Mesa this time of year. I am interested in running the left(standard) side of the falls where it is a two section drop. What is the charateristic of the drop at this level and is it worth the 1.5 hour drive. Any info is appreciated.See you on the river....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Lower Mesa can be run anytime of the year. Just be careful where you launch from the first drop. It is basically sliding on rocks for the 20 footer--you don't want to go with the water.

·
Registered
107 Posts
what's up bozone

hey what's goin on my name is patrick, and just moved out to bozeman, and haven't met any paddlers yet. Mesa falls looks sick, I'll do it with you some time, my boats are still back in colorado but I'll try and get em out here if there is fall boating. have you lived in bozeman for a while, there is some pretty sick boating around here.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Is there a gauge that descibes high, medium, and unrunnable? Does the left drop get harder as the water gets lower (dryed out launch or rocks in the landing)? Will it really be runnable/accessable through november and december? Is the right line clean or sketchy? So many questions.....
Joe

·
Registered
120 Posts
You can drop that thing anytime, middle of winter if your willing. My grandma dropped that thing on an acid binder back in the sixties.
Some body needs to nut up and drop the falls above it though, that would be something to write about.

·
Registered
323 Posts
mesa

When it comes to running the left line on mesa the lower the water is the easier your line will be to hit! The drop looks and feels big, but really is not all that hard.. If you can plop and drop then you are in!
Just make sure you don't end up backwards half way down the last drop.. I have seen it done!
As far as the left line goes it looks like you just hold your breath and huck then start praying!
Have fun and dont screw up!

Check out some pics from last time Evan and I ran it!
http://www.tombolphoto.com/cgi-local/ImageFolio31/imageFolio.cgi?direct=adventure_sports/whitewater_kayaking

or try www.tombolphoto.com click on image search then type in mesa!
Images complements of Tom Bol! That guy can take a picture!

have fun huckin
Patrick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts