Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s wildflower season on the Grand: Launch date March 15, just before motorized season starts. Doesn’t get much better. Seeking another like-minded, experienced Grand Canyon boatman with a great attitude and group/expedition mentality to head up a fourth boat. Trip currently has three boats, seven people, so room for more. Twenty days to take out at Pearce Ferry via Moenkopi door-to-door service, leaving from Summit County, Colo. PM me if interested.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Just so I'm clear does door to door service mean Moenkopi provides boats, gear and food?

·
Registered
312 Posts
holy shit im interested, and im in Carbondale so logistics would be easy. my work schedule is crazy so it would take some figurin... ill get back to you. cheers!

·
Registered
26 Posts
im interested went the same week last year. that's my birth day I have all the gear and I play guitar! hard working and get up early. 970 209 8303 Charles I live in Gunnison.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
holy shit im interested, and im in Carbondale so logistics would be easy. my work schedule is crazy so it would take some figurin... ill get back to you. cheers!
Grateful, let me know - PM me with some info about you and your boating experience/style. Maybe we can have you meet some of our group before the trip in western eagle county if things shake out.

Sent from my XT1028 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hey Kurby. If you haven't filled up let me know. I'm in Basalt CO. Have a 16ft cat with about all the gear you might need - kitchen, groovers, fire pan, etc etc. I very experienced - done the big ditch 2x, once as TL and almost any other Western river you can name. I was on a March 9 trip that was cancelled so have the vacation time lined up. I'm 50+, easy going, safe, solid, good hand on the river. EMT trained, WWR II, going solo so have room for 2-3 depending on gear I bring. If your filled, have a great trip

·
Registered
2 Posts
gc boatman

Good evening!

This would be my second grand trip and would love more experience before I leave for another trip! I live in frisco currently so logistics wouldnt get an easier!! I have been a commercial guide for six years emt and swiftwater. I would love the chance to meet some fellow boaters. Shoot me a text at 970-573-9294 if your still looking for someone!!! My name is joey.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Boatman

Good Morning Kurby.
My name is David Grandon and I live in Flagstaff. Just off a December canyon trip and longing for more! Ive been down the Canyon a half a dozen times as well as the Green, Salmon and San Juan. I love every aspect of the river and beauty of the canyon. The hiking, camaraderie and camping is just as important to me as the rapids. I have a 16' self bailer and a few duckies that can come along. I can certainly help with logistics on this end and can recommend outfitters for food gear and shuttles.
All the very best
David Grandon
(928) 606 2254
[email protected]

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Janice
You seem to have a great deal of interest in joining your trip, but I thought I would though my hat in the ring.
I am a Search and Rescue Swiftwater Tech and have been rafting for 15 years. I ran the Grand in 2010 and used Moenkopi as our supplier as well.
I am a conservative boater when on multi day trips and tend to push some safety considerations. ( that sounds pretty dull but I don`t think I am that boring )
I have a 15 foot Sotar raft or can row the 18 foot beast if that is the plan.
Hope to hear from you, but if not have a wonderfull trip, it is a magical experience
Michael

·
Registered
129 Posts
hey i'm in steamboat. just did the Colorado Lee's to pierce 21 days in Nov. first time down in aug 2012. SWR tech 1, cpr first aid, general badass. looks like you've got plenty of people wanting on but keep me in mind if your still looking for someone to row a boat. Used moenkopi in aug 2012 they're awesome. thanks CHRiS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts