Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks A-Hole

You stupid [email protected]!
It's people like you trying to boost your own ego that ruin many of the special places for others to enjoy. For whatever reason, you have failed to see that by posting shots of you and your fellow "radster" ass monkey pals, you're contributing to the demise of Marble and places like it.

The best thing that can happen to you is to have the sh*t knocked out of you in a slide off Alley Pk.
-Hey! I heard the skiing off the north side of Justice is sick right now-why don't you go and mainline that shit-now would be the perfect time-oh, and bring all your buddies with you!!

-Idiot!

·
Registered
679 Posts
were you part of the same group that just posted the TR on wildsnow? regardless, nice work. looks like one of the few places that has/had good snow.

·
Registered
328 Posts
It's people like you trying to boost your own ego that ruin many of the special places for others to enjoy. For whatever reason, you have failed to see that by posting shots of you and your fellow "radster" ass monkey pals, you're contributing to the demise of Marble and places like it.

The best thing that can happen to you is to have the sh*t knocked out of you in a slide off Alley Pk.
-Hey! I heard the skiing off the north side of Justice is sick right now-why don't you go and mainline that shit-now would be the perfect time-oh, and bring all your buddies with you!!

-Idiot!
Right...because only you and your buddies are allowed to ski, paddle (jerk each other off), etc in Marble. Pretty sure that a post on mountain buzz will not result in hordes of people invading Marble and your precious secret stash. Get a grip, and think twice when you wish for someone to be taken out by an avalanche....karma is a mother.
And Fred, thanks for the tip, I've been wanting to get back there in the winter for awhile, and now I can see its worth it. See you on the trail Faucet Butt...here comes the Front Range invasion!

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts

-Idiot!

·
Registered
150 Posts
and the best part is Fred actually grew up around that area and old fuacett face probably moved to colorado. Thats Ok we're used to guys like fuacett face acting like they invented being hard core and living in the mountains. Come to think of it we should really be pissed at that Powell guy. I think he posted something about the west once and now look wut happened. Every one should just keep their mouth shut. I 'm sure know one took faucett face out showed him anything. nope he's so hard core He found it all on his own, made his own skis, and pretty much owns backcountry skiing in colorado.

·
Fred Gnarquist
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

-Idiot!
Hey faucet butt, ur so hard core man! Keepin all those secrets to yourself, you probably ski backcountry all by yourself cuz you dont need buddies to dig you out, you can just pop out wings and fly away from slides! I was just tryin to share a good experience man. I'm not too worried about how many people go up there as long as they are safe. It snows up there enough so there's pretty much freshies for everyone(except for you, hope god spites all your powder skiing opportunities).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Marble is hardly a secret spot anymore. 10 years ago we would go up there and there would Lous crew maybe a few others. Freds right there is plenty of lines for everyone. Be safe. The main thing is is try to limit the parking because there isn't a bunch. Keep the road open for the quarry trucks and we're all good. If you are going as a group you should meet up in bonedale or park in Marble and shuttle up in one ride. Should help with the parkin . Be safe have fun Shawn

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Nice pics as usual fred..

Only problem I have with the post is well we all know the best skiing in colorado is not up by marble but up on Cameron Pass :cool:....

Butt maybe you should look into the BC around Cameron Pass... Seems that you would find more folks with attitude like yours up there.

·
Kayak/SUP Instructor
1,332 Posts
Great pics and trip report Fred. Thanks for sharing them.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Right...because only you and your buddies are allowed to ski, paddle (jerk each other off), etc in Marble. Pretty sure that a post on mountain buzz will not result in hordes of people invading Marble and your precious secret stash. Get a grip, and think twice when you wish for someone to be taken out by an avalanche....karma is a mother.
And Fred, thanks for the tip, I've been wanting to get back there in the winter for awhile, and now I can see its worth it. See you on the trail Faucet Butt...here comes the Front Range invasion!
While I agree the butt's post was excessive, to say that spraying on a website will not increase traffic is faulty reasoning (already you and one other are saying that they want to get up there). Would that happen without Fred's advertisement?
My take is this. TR's on a site like this are typically done for self-promotion. Cool...if you are are trying to keep your sponsors happy (or get sponsors).
Every place I ski that isn't posted on the web has little or no traffic. Every place I ski that is on the web has increasing traffic year after year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
sweet

Looks good, will have to head that direction some time. To be honest i wouldn't have paid much attention to this blog. If there hadn't been such a venomous response from faucet butt, thanks for the heads up............

·
Registered
1,025 Posts

-Idiot!
Your moniker seems to fit or maybe you should change it to Diarreah Mouth...d-bag. Karma is hell buddy-hope it doesn't come after you. Wishing something like that on someone is beyond my comprehension.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I read somewhere that Dynafit's sales were up 70% in the past season. That is a particularly telling stat as people generally buy Dynafit gear for non-resort use. Backcountry skiing is a rapidly growing market and that growth isn't going to stop anytime soon. If you think internet postings are a primary driver of crowds in the backcountry you're delusional.

The reality is that backcountry skiing has gotten easier and easier as gear improves. Thanks in large part to improved gear and backcountry education skiers are leaving the resort junkshow and heading into the BC.

Yes a post can get people psyched to check out a new zone but you all know Marble was listed in Lou's Aspen area guidebook that has been out for several years now, right? I don't know how anybody thinks Marble is anything close to a secret stash. Lou Dawson posts about Marble every year and he has literally thousands of readers.

If you want pow you have to work harder than the next guy. Marble is a long ways from being remote or being a secret. It's 30 minutes from (rapidly growing) Glenwood/Carbondale and involves basically NO approach.

If you want the same backcountry experience you had 10 years ago you can move to a less populated place, hike further than the next guy or buy a snowmobile to get you deeper into the BC. You know why there is never a crowd in Crystal Gorge? Cause it's hard. If you want solitude you've gotta do something that isn't easily accessible to millions of people (and yes, mellow backcountry pow like Marble is now accessible to anyone in decent shape who can afford some modern gear.)

PS - sick report. I've skied Marble and I plan to go back. It's a great zone but it's a pretty long drive for a weekend mission from the Front Range. I wouldn't worry much about mobs of Front Rangers crowding this place...

·
Registered
197 Posts
"climb the mountains and get their good tidings. nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. the winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
- john muir

·
Kayak/SUP Instructor
1,332 Posts
(and yes, mellow backcountry pow like Marble is now accessible to anyone in decent shape who can afford some modern gear.)
Well then...I'm out :mrgreen:

·
Registered
501 Posts
I basically agree with what Doublet said. In adding, this all resounds of the silly kinds of attitudes where people sometimes think they are entitled or superior.

To share an example I experienced: I also enjoy both mountain and dirt biking and am respectful to each group. Nonetheless, I had an incident with mountain bikers years back while doing a 70 mile single-track loop on my dirt bike that I often do (all designated for motorcycles). A group of errogant mtn bikers tried to prevent me from accessing a section of trail that I and others have been riding for 30 years. They said, "We don't want you going in here. We FOUND this trail and it is now for mountain bikes only." Really!, I said . You found the trail that we've been riding forever and now you think it's yours? How do you think that trail got there? Actually it was probably started by animals and hikers many decades ago, but was ridden and often maintained by dirt bikers long before mtn bikes ever came along. It is not suddenly yours to claim.

I got news for anyone that doesn't already realize it ...The outdoors are going to keep getting more crowded. Colorado is one of the fastest growing states. Also, the population wants experiences ... now that they've accumulated all their material possessions. Sure, we might think we can prevent attraction to certain spots by keeping awareness on the down-low. Basically, though, they've been there for a long time, enjoyed by some for a long time, but they are going to be increasingly enjoyed by others. Everyone needs to learn to play respectively and share. Practice leave no trace.

Fred, I want you to know that I salute your kayaking accomplishments and really enjoy all your reports. You have real talents and will accomplish great thinks with your abilities. Stay save and keep on enjoying all life has to offer.

Cheers!
Ken

1 - 20 of 33 Posts