Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
I haven't rowed one, but my GF took one down the Middle Fork in August. Boundary to Cache. She did great in it, sweet little boat lightly loaded on the top end. I wouldn't want to take more than 2 passengers, ideally 1 passenger. But the shape is nice, wide and more stable than like a puma series or other smaller boats. It's not a family boat but it would be a sweet little boat for someone that wants to be able to go anywhere and do most anything with limited gear and passengers.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I like the size/dimensions. Who's rowed one and?
Maybe pop over to our Facebook pages and ask, I would love to give you a long list of those who now own her but alas I can't and with all of these aliases on MB it's hard to know who is who. I hope you have some luck getting some answers. This boat was built to handle multi day trips as well as your fun day trips. She can easily handle 7 days on the river with 2 peoples gear and I am not talking about back pack style packing, we take the kitchen sink with us too.. or 3 kitchen sinks haha! Good luck getting some info from private boaters and getting their feel for her. She is now our hottest boat in our line up! Good luck and Happy Holidays.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am also very interested in this boat. Any feedback for a new rafter? Some class 3 and 4. NW Montana, Flathead river forks, Elk river, Smith, Blackfoot, etc.

Lots of fly fishing skinny water that I cant take my drift boat.

Some 2-3 night trips with wife and dog. Pack pretty light.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I've rowed it on day stretches. Liked it a lot. My everyday driver is a Diablo. I like how the Diablo rows and I pack heavy for two on 7 day trips no problem. I think the Willy Willy would give just enough extra width for comfort. I might try one on a trip someday.
A buddy had one on a 2'ish MF trip with us and he didn't pack any different than he would have in his other boats. Seemed to like it and do well.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I like the size/dimensions. Who's rowed one and?
I am also very interested in this boat. Any feedback for a new rafter? Some class 3 and 4. NW Montana, Flathead river forks, Elk river, Smith, Blackfoot, etc.

Maybe pop over to our Facebook pages and ask, I would love to give you a long list of those who now own her but alas I can't and with all of these aliases on MB it's hard to know who is who.
Good luck getting some info from private boaters and getting their feel for her. She is now our hottest boat in our line up! Good luck and Happy Holidays.
Looks like you need a demo WillyWilly boat up in NW Montana!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Welcome to the Buzz, Nate! -J Middleton

1 - 7 of 7 Posts