Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm looking at the 14 foot Maravia and Aire Ocelot catarafts. Any opinions on these boats? Quality? How they handle? Etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also looking at RecreTec frames. Does anybody have any experience/opinions on these?

Thanks
Lee

·
Registered
971 Posts
Maravia and Aire both build excellent products. I can't offer any personal experience, but either one should offer outstanding performance.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I saw your post on utahboaters. :)

My experience, for what it's worth: I have had an Aire Cougar since early season 1995, and the only issue I ever had was a blown bladdder because a rose thorn had worked its way into the zipper. It's done at least one weeklong trip and 10-12 day trips every year since.

My late wife and I bought one of the last 2G Panthers available. Also an excellent boat. It's ashame they don't make the double tube cats anymore.

I have several friends with Ocies, Super Pumas or Wildcats, and none to my knowledge have ever had a failure. If I were to buy a new boat today, I would look at Aire first, Hyside second, NRS third. I can't recommend Maravia based on what little I know about their boats.

No experience with that frame mftr - I would go DRE all the way.

·
Registered
418 Posts
My 2 cents:
Due to the constant curve, the Aire cats are tougher to get balanced front to rear. That said, once they are balanced, they are easier to spin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts