Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a map of the upper animas. I've searched the web, but have not been able to find one. There was a great map at the put-in, but it was bolted to a post (didn't seem kosher to pry it off).

Anyone???

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I kinda made a rough overview here:

Upper Animas River, Silverton Colorado (scroll down)

and I have exact locations of the rapids in the office I can look up for you.

Thanks, its closing in on what i'm looking for.

After my run a couple of weeks ago, i stopped by four corners for a new drain plug for my burn. The clerk not only sold me one, but drilled a hole in and put some string through and attached it to my boat. Thanks.

Mania check your PMs

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sometime in the near future the La Plata County Emergency Management Dept is going to post to the county site, a frame by frame chronology of photos from Broken Bridge up to Ten Mile Rapids, similiar to what they did with Vallecito during the search for Adam. I'll post the link when it's up. If you want to check out the Vallecito pics - www.lapaltaoem.org/

·
God Amongst Men
1,993 Posts
just out of curiosty, on average how many commercial runs go down the rockwood box in a given season?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Another source is "Cinders and Smoke", (A book about the NG Railroad), The Train also sells a map which shows the entire run on one sheet. These are not as detailed as the topos, (5 or 6 maps to cover the area). However, the train map shows the major drainages and the train miles, (a useful locator).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts