Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you have any experience with the shuttle for the Main Salmon? It's pretty dang long. We prefer to keep as much of our own money as possible, but probably prefer to take away as much pain as possible (who ever heard of a 385-mile shuttle?). I've come up with four options 1) Hire someone to drive our rigs to the take out. 2) Hire a shuttle van. 3) Do the whole shuttle our selves. 4) Something about a jet boat

Advice, insights, other options?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hire it out. It's the only way unless you are masochistic. Shuttle services are in Salmon ID.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
JET BOAT.

We did that 2 years ago and it's totally the way to go. It ended up being about $100 more per person than a car shuttle, but you save about 3+ hours of driving b/c you're back east in Salmon instead of across the state.

You're last night's camp can be on a beach a few miles above the regular takeout, and you can de-rig over the afternoon and the next morning.

Oh yeah- plus it's a blast.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
We took the jet boat out earlier this month. I though it was the way to go. It was a bit of a pain to derig at the take out, mix up all your gear, load it on the jet boat and then unload and separate at the top. However, I think overall you save time. For us, it was the same price to pay for the shuttle or the jet and we saved the gas on the shuttle. And, it's a cool experience... crashing up the waves, seeing everything in reverse and drinking with the gang. We used these guys, http://www.whitewaterexpeditions.com/charters.htm and they were great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts