Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buzzards
any body have favorite shuttle service company for Main Salmon- Corn to Carey Creek?....Any experience with Central Idaho Shuttle Co.?.....any help appreciated

Rando

·
Registered
128 Posts
We've had very good results with River Shuttles in Salmon on 6 or 8 main Salmon trips. We're using Blackadar for a Middle-Main combo shuttle this year because John (owner) was extremely helpful in helping me figure out some logistical questions. Everything I've heard about Blackadar has been good.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Middle Main shuttle

I just arranged a shuttle with Stanley Shuttle LLC service for $300.
Blackadar quoted on their website $350 for the same service.
I have used Stanley Shuttle in the past with no glitches. Nice folks.

Hanspeter

·
Registered
40 Posts
Also curious if anyone has experience with jet-boating people and gear up vs shuttling vehicles. Opinions/recommendations?

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Also curious if anyone has experience with jet-boating people and gear up vs shuttling vehicles. Opinions/recommendations?
Never done a jet back personally, but would like to try it some day. It depends on number of peeps, number of boats, and water level. A good/fun choice if the $$$ works out ok, and it's not later in the season when it's too low for the jet boats to run.

I've always used River Shuttles out of Salmon. 10+ years and no problems.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Blackadar has been great. Over the years we have had a broken trailer and flat tires. They are proactive, fix the problem in a reasonable manner (once buying a used tire for a double flat situation) and have the vehicle at the takeout

·
Registered
46 Posts
I use Blackadar based on continuity of good service over many years. I love the jet back, but the new rapid (2010) at Black Creek really limits the available jet back days. I have heard no reports that the rapid has cleared and no epic runoffs this year to have a chance.

Buds at Seal Team 6 could give it a go and I would look the other way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I used All Rivers Shuttle out of Whitebird and they did a great job, think it
was cheaper than the others I checked into also. They store your vehicle in a private lot and then park it at your destination according to your schedule.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Post-trip report: We used Whitewater Expeditions and they were great. Friendly driver (the owner, Heinz) & he was happy to share river knowledge & point out things along the way. He also helped load and unload our gear.

It all fit on the jet boat no problem: two 16' rafts, a 14' raft, a 14' cat, four frames, a double kayak, an IK and 10 people, plus all our gear. (And you know how rafters are....way too much stuff...)

The water is dropping fast, though. The season may be over for jetboating up to Corn Creek.

·
Registered
14 Posts
all rivers shuttle

We just used All Rivers. They were great. At the put in before we launched and vehicles at take out no prob. Easy to communicate with. Mi'chelle was very helpful.

·
Registered
30 Posts
we just used all rivers and they were great. I had to arrange the shuttle just 2 days before my trip b/c the jetboat wasn't going to be able to run and all rivers was very accommodating.

·
Registered
27 Posts
All Rivers Shuttle has always worked out great! Jim with Artic Creek Lodge and Tours (jet boat shuttle) had some of the best customer service I have ever experienced.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts