Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for another boat and team for support on private float trip. Just me and my 14 year old son. Brothers, wife, father and friends cant make it. Don't want to cancel trip. Need other people to share costs and provide boat and crew. I drink and party but will be in control with my son.
Michael

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only been down the Salmon one other time in early June 2010. 6 feet above the shoes. A lot washed out, some class 4.5 at whiplash and five mile. So at this level this is a new trip for me. I live in Salt lake. I will be taking either a 14' saturn with a stern mount or 15' hypalon with a center oar frame. I prefer the stern mount if i can find one more paddler. I would like to have another raft for safety. Son's second overnight trip this year. We ran desolation canyon on the green river on 13th of June. Looking for possible ride share as well. I have a nice trailer for gear and boats. Would be an equal share trip dividing all expenses. Gas, shuttle, food, BEER, permit fee and any others. I'm 45 years old, like all kinds of music and i am easy going, (according to friends). Michael (801) 604-3252

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Salmon river trip 5-Aug-2014, Need another boat and crew!!

Now I think it would be easier if only permit fee's were split. I would prefer someone with boat and crew to bring their own food, drinks, and equipment. I have a fire pan and grill but would prefer if you bring own stove. I'll be driving an explorer and paying my own shuttle fees. Just prefer safety in numbers. I also have all other required river and camping supplies. I drink but just a few every other day or so. This trip is a bonding experience for me and my son. If you have ever been in the canyon of no return you know this put-in date is awesome. Scheduled for 5 nights. Michael (801) 604-3252. ( I have to cancel this trip at least 3 weeks prior to departure to maintain lottery eligibility.) I live in Salt Lake City, UT.

·
Registered
77 Posts
we're launching on August 4, and may be looking for another raft to join for safety, we have all our own gear. Currently 1 raft, 2 canoes carrying their stuff and big maybe on an IK. Have done Main 2001, 2002, 2010 MF 2007, Lower 2009 & 2013

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was planning on camping at corn creek on the 4th anyway. What time are you launching? Just me and my 14 year old son. Were easy to get along with and weren't planning on hurrying. But were open to any schedule. Call me. Michael (801)604-3252

1 - 9 of 9 Posts