Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone rafted the Main Fork of The Salmon at current flow levels (47k+)? Is it runnable?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes and Yes. A lot of it washes out at this level. Watch out for whiplash, its kind of a big Pistol Creek, with bigger waves and a bigger river. Chittam can be unpredictable, and if you decide to go all the way to Riggins, watch out for the holes in Ruby and Lake Creek? rapids. They can get big. It has been a while, but that's my memory. Know some guys that ran it from Marsh Creek in 1997 and it was 109,000 at Riggins at the takeout. They had a flip in ruby or lake creek can remember.

·
Super Moderator
2,915 Posts
Has anyone rafted the Main Fork of The Salmon at current flow levels (47k+)? Is it runnable?
There is no Main Fork of the Salmon.

There is a Middle Fork of the Salmon.

There is also a Main Salmon River.

What are you on about?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
There is no Main Fork of the Salmon.

There is a Middle Fork of the Salmon.

There is also a Main Salmon River.

What are you on about?
There is also a South Fork Salmon, but neither the South or Middle Fork ever get to 47k (I assume CFS)

·
Super Moderator
2,915 Posts
There is also a South Fork Salmon, but neither the South or Middle Fork ever get to 47k (I assume CFS)
Don't try logic with me.

This person needs to know this is the Mighty Main not a fork. Or Fork, or a spoon or some other shit.

It's not a goddamed fork.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Get it right peeps - it's branches not forks, spoons - and please keep the Sporks out of this one.....

North Branch
Middle Branch
South Branch
Lotsa Little Tributary Branches
Main Tree?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Actually not true at all. I've gotten lots of good advice from CD since I've been here. He doesn't suffer fools well but then neither do lots of us, including me.

·
Paddling in to the Future
574 Posts
CD knows his shit for sure. and has probably wrangled the waves on the Main Salmon more than most commenting on this thread. His initial post on this thread was perfectly valid. The guy basically asked about muffler bearings and blinker fluid.

·
Super Moderator
2,915 Posts
As usual carvedog is super helpful on the question being asked. DOUCHE

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
Thanks for the laugh. A month since the last post and BAM, laying the Truth beatdown on the ole Dog. I seriously burst out laughing at this.
I don't think I have been called douche since high school.

So I do thank you sincerely for that. Still laughing. Hard to type.

I know you are trapped in Missoula but what did I do to you?
Piss on your poodle?
Flip your flux capacitor?

Your internet skin needs a thickening procedure and perhaps a river trip.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
2,915 Posts
And thanks for the props guys, I believe I have made many, many more friends than enemies and met some terrific peeps thru this forum.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Jerry, if the wave wrangler had skin a 1000th as thick as yours you would have never seen a reply from him. You are correct though, a month later to be called a douche. I'll get right to the point and call you out right now. P.S. SYOTR:D:D

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Jerry, if the wave wrangler had skin a 1000th as thick as yours you would have never seen a reply from him. You are correct though, a month later to be called a douche. I'll get right to the point and call you out right now. P.S. SYOTR:D:D
I see no insult in being called a "Flower shower". What am I missing? 😃😃😃😃

Sent from my SM-G930V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

1 - 19 of 19 Posts