Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey buzzards, I’m headed to Ennis tomorrow with my boat to fish for a couple days. It’s been on my list for a while. Any beta on best section to float, etc?. Feel Free to PM me if you prefer. I am willing to share info on some good float fishing runs in my neighborhood in return. Such short notice on this trip, I haven’t had time to do much research.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Pay attention to the Hoot Owl rules in effect. No fishing after 2pm. Water is HOT. Be super careful with any fish you catch.

That said, I’ve quit fishing the Madison. It’s gotten crazy busy. Shuttle companies deliver drivers in airport shuttle busses. It’s like bumper boats, anymore. I love fishing Quake Lake, though. Wade fishing the Madison in the Park is still great. So is the Fire Hole. Cliff and Wade Lake are also great fly fishing. 18” rainbows all day long.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Any stretch on the “upper” is good. Which is between 3 dollar bridge and town of ennis. Beartrap is a great mix of whitewater and fishing, but they are really letting a lot through the dam right now (3300 cfs) compared to average of 1100-2000k and you’d want to be a solid class IV boater to get through kitchen sink rapid. The other two rapids are class III and no big deal, and the fishing can be awesome.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Beartrap is not a “fishing float”. It’s for real whitewater with good fishing. Don’t take it too lightly. As Coult mentioned, it’s at burly levels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts