Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there have any first hand experience with their trailers? They look great made well and priced right for. 7'x12' for around $1900

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the 10x6. Solid trailer. I built side rails and take it on longer trips. Can fit two boats, frames, dry boxes, groovers...it's a great trailer for day floats as well, especially with the roller on the back and winch in front. Only down side is the owner is a seriously strange dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
858 Posts
One phone call and you'll understand, he truly is strange. Also of note his son builds raft trailers in the missoula area, which seem to have a better reputation some name with Orange in it not hard to find on Craigslist.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
276 Posts
I was going to buy one of his trailers because it had the motorcycle carrier on the tongue, but read the above thread and decided against it. The owner seemed nice to me. Then again I'm strange too!

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
We looked at them when we were trailer shopping. poor quality construction.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys looks like sawtooth welding might be a better option. I liked the idea of the tongue drybox/cooler platform on the M&M, I'm sure sawtooth could do that too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a trailer from him a while ago and have dragged it probably close to 15,000 miles on trips from Montana to Mexico. Its been through the paces and has performed superbly absolutely no complaints. Solid construction and as long as you regularly grease the axles like any other trailer, it does fine. The owner is a little eccentric but knows what hes doing. Great product and I highly recommend.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I am not savvy enough to detect "poor quality" or otherwise; all I can say is that mine works as advertised. I often get compliments on my trailer, but maybe those folks aren't very savvy either!
I do recall a bit of after-purchase hassle here in Wyoming because he did not provide title, but it all worked out.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I felt they were poor quality construction because the welds that I saw looked messy and sharp, and I did not like the metal going down the center (maybe he doesn't do this anymore). They also seemed to have a lot of flex, seemingly like they wouldn't last as long as I wanted. FWIE, I was showing in 2008 so it has been a long time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Paddling in to the Future
574 Posts
Thanks guys looks like sawtooth welding might be a better option. I liked the idea of the tongue drybox/cooler platform on the M&M, I'm sure sawtooth could do that too.
randy can do anything you want on that trailer, if you can dream it, he can do it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts