Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would pass along some boating news for those people still looking at MountainBuzz who are jonesing during the winter months. We are finishing up some tweaks today on the park so check them out if you are in town.

In Meadow Park we repositioned some rocks on river right of the drop that we changed last year. It worked pretty well last year when the water got above 230 cfs. You could throw right and left vertical moves, but the pocket was small. We effectively cleaned up the right side, so the hole should be twice as wide. I think this one should rock next spring. We also removed part of the island which should get us back the gentle surf wave which was there the year before.

In Bohn Park we rebuilt the top drop with a steeper low flow area and built some wings and dug out the pool. It should be a nice swimming hole and should produce a nice surf wave. On the drop below that we removed the rip rap and replaced it with some nice sandstone seating so the river can be accessed with out breaking your $%^.

Black Bear, we dug out the pool and completely rebuilt the drop below it. The drop below it is less steep than the BB, but should be surfable with maybe some vertical capability at med-high flows. We could not move the drop, so you will need a quick roll. We also replaced a bunch of the left banks rip rap with some large sandstone blocks which will be gentler than the rip rap and provide a great place to hang out.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Arn,

You are the man!!! thanks for all that you guys do up there.

What a gem... especially 20 minutes from Boulder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts