Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a fundraiser for the Town of Lyons for restoration work on March 24th. I believe most of the tickets have been sold, but there is a silent auction that will be at film with items that can be bid on online at South Creek Ltd. website (a Lyons company). We have a long way to go to rebuild Lyons and this could be an easy way for the fisher folks out there to help out.

Hand Made Custom Bamboo Fly Fishing Rods and Reels By Michael D Clark

South Creek Ltd., The Laughing Grizzly Fly Shop and Colorado Parks and Wildlife are pleased to announce a private screening of the 2014 Fly Fishing Film Tour. With 150 shows worldwide this year Doug Powell of F3T, is graciously presenting the 2014 Fly Fishing Film Tour at Oskar Blues Grill and Brew here in Lyons Colorado on March 24. Tickets are $50.00 each with matching grants, from Oskar Blues CAN'd Aid Foundation and Colorado Parks and Wildlife, with all proceeds going toward trout stream habitat restoration in the 2 1/2 miles of river through Lyons. Silent auctions for bamboo fly rods, artwork and raffles, plus free prizes, the Fly Fishing Film Tour at Oskar Blues promises to be a wonderful evening of fun and entertainment. Nobody will leave empty handed. Even your first beer is free!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I was talking with someone a few days ago who didn't realize there was no longer a play spot in Lyons and this question came up...

Are there any plans to put play spots back into the river during the reconstruction?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
The A-hole and Black Bear holes are still there. And there is a structure in meadow that was not destroyed. So that info regarding there is no play hole in Lyons is not completely accurate

·
Registered
329 Posts
That inaccurate info was from me. I thought both spots were completely washed away. Good to know they are still there. Unchanged?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
There was some damage.
I looked at them after The track hoes left and they look like they'll work but lets see once run off starts. There may be issues regarding boating in the river here this season however.
The Lyons Outdoor Games is on and will have boating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts