1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this press release on the LVM blog:

LVM to launch kayak line

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 07/13/09: LVM Kayaks | LVM Lunch Video Magazine

With all the talk about what creekboat to buy and durability issues it might be worth waiting around to see what Grace has up his sleeve. If they can build a boat out of old-school-quality plastic I'll place my pre-order today.

Hopefully this results in a round of innovation in creekboats...this line in particularly has me feeling hopeful:

"LVM kayaks is producing these boats with new production techniques which Grace reports will change the way the industry looks at kayak production. This process involves a new molding technique which gives LVM the ability to produce and distribute new and innovative designs almost monthly."

·
Registered
790 Posts
Very funny - like something out of the Onion but for kayakers.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I'm not sure but it really seems like a good joke. The statement “We feel there is a need for more choices for consumers” seems like industry satire.

Many other statements seem humrously dubious to me, but it's good shit....

The again... I don't really know.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Well it is Grace, so you never know if its a joke or not.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Given the rate I go through creekboats, signing up for the LVM creekboat subscription and having one delivered to my door every month sounds about like the right timing.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I mean, if anyone understands the needs of creekboaters it's the LVM crew.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure but it really seems like a good joke. The statement “We feel there is a need for more choices for consumers” seems like industry satire.

Many other statements seem humrously dubious to me, but it's good shit....

The again... I don't really know.
Yeah it is pretty packed with buzzwords but isn't that whole point of PR? I'm curious to find out if this is for real or not.

On the other hand it's a sad commentary on the state of the kayak industry when people are laughing at the idea of a company trying to do something innovative.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Bump...

My burn is gettin to be 3+ years old so I may be lookin at a new boat...

Anyone have any other info on this?????

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Sweet:

Here’s how it works: The Huckin’ Hood has “O.S.H.” (Oh S*%t Handles) secured inside of it. When the paddler runs a large drop, they can safely throw their paddle, and slide their hands into the hood. Here’s the catch: The OSH’s are actually quick releasing hand paddles which are secured within the hood. Upon safely reaching the bottom of the waterfall, the paddler simply removes their hand paddles and hand rolls to safety. We feel this development will help safely push the limits of our sport, while providing consumers with what they’ve been asking for.
Guess you better keep working on that Habitat warranty. I'm going to go warm up my welder.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts