Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
DP/ Cinematographer
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like it has been running all weekend. I saw it on Saturday leaving and on Monday coming back. Not sure what the level is but that's where 100% of the water is flowing through.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Go to Big Sur and walk a half mile downstream. Put-in, paddle across, jib.

Marko may give us an update tonight on how good it is at the current level.

·
Registered
703 Posts
lucky 7

Ive been out there twice in the past 5 days. the level is great. put in where you would park for big sur. flow downstream, when you get to the dam, go down the river-right chute. there is a pile about 3-4feet high, great for spins. to get back in there is a small eddy on the right river, surfers left side of the river. ferry across and hope in. the water is chilly, as is the air temp but its worth it for a couple hours. Hike back on the highway to get back to your car. Warning, dont touch the property on river right, its dam property. ill be back out, maybe sat, sun for sure.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yo Kyle,

Mike saw your truck at Keystone last weekend. I was on pins that day, you missed some comedy. I'll get back on the board and let's hit it up after the holiday. I'll be in Steamboat this weekend, and probably make turns with Adam, though I think we really ought to be at Lucky 7. I'll call ya...

Steve

·
Registered
703 Posts
Sunday nov, 28 or tues nov 30

Anyone up for sunday afternoon or tuesday morning? The air is a bit cold, but im looking for anyone to go for a couple hours. Ive been out there recently, and its still sweat to go.

Josh
720-289-8624

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Steve,

I'll be going up boarding super early tomorrow. Give me a call sometime to do whatever. I start school on again on Tuesday though. Regardless, weekdays usually work better for me.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Will do. I can play hooky in the am pretty easily during the week.

And duuuude, the drive back from the Boat was E-P-I-C. I was lucky and did it in 6.5 hours - 90 minutes just from Hwy 9 to the tunnel. I have friends that took 4 hours to do that same 8 mile stretch. We contemplated parking the car and snowboarding down to Denver at one point!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hey all finally made it to my christmas break and was wondering if she has been still running as of late? Do not really want to make the drive out there is if is no chance but i'm down if anyone has plans on going or whatever.

Thanks,
Reed

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Reed,

Tony and I were talking about combining the trip with a day on Westwater. Could be pretty worthwhile, especially if it doesn't snow.

Break starts tomorrow for me.

·
Registered
253 Posts
thanks for the info guys. Kyle if you guys do go i'm down. Tony has my number.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts