Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the lowest flow that a 16ft bucket boat could float Deso without too many problems be? Launching july 14th and worried about how fast the flow is dropping.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Years ago, first time on Deso in an 18' cat at 800 cfs, lots of pin ball moves...allow for more energy out put, longer days, stay hydrated. Our crew was tired at the end of the day, beaches were great.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Not bad to 2k then shallow channels and slower current become more noticeable. I would plan an extra day below that range for extra rowing and wind. Heads up at dripping springs and find the thalwag carefully around islands as it can end in dragging your rig by foot.
We are running it this fall at lower levels in a 14 footer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We put in a crew of 14-16 foot self bailers a couple years ago, the put-in ramp was running at like 450!!!! Thank god it crept up bit by bit as we loaded up, but it wasn't above the low 500's that am. Some bubbles came through the days after, so it kept rising.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
18 Posts
Flaming Gorge is anticipating release of 1700 through September. I hoping that'll mean at least 2000 in Deso. We launch the July 18th with two 16's and a 14'er. We're going hell or no water. If we have to drink all the beer the first day, well...that'll be a good first day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts