Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 kayakers heading down to Taos to do some boating this weekend 3/21 to 3/22, currently around 900cfs. looking for folks to boat/shuttle with.
Cheers,
Gordon

·
Registered
73 Posts
Should be a great weekend for boating... If you guys come down after this weekend shoot me a PM and I can run with y'alls. I am taking a WFA class this weekend but im on break after for two weeks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Oh also, on Sunday some of my friends are going to be running the lower box, if you are on fb maybe post on the New Mexico Whitewater group page and see if you can hook up with them...

·
Registered
2 Posts
If anyone is around Taos memorial day weekend im thinking of heading that way. first time in Taos so if anyone wants to run and help a newb or give advice on what run is good it would be appreciated

·
Registered
216 Posts
The box is currently running under 300CFS, unless that doubles or more I'd avoid it.

The racecourse is at ~500 which would be more fun than the box at 300 for most people.

There are some people who like long days portaging most of the rapids through boulders and poison ivy though, so if you're into that don't let me discourage you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a cabin like vacation home in red river not far from Taos if I was to buy a boat to keep there just for Taos area what would be good for ltb and the racecourse and what ever else is in that area what kind of boat would yall recommend?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yea Adam the river is really low right now but me and some friends are hoping it picks back up to run the box around the 23rd...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts