Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a great 2 day trip down the rogue. It can be done in 2 days pretty easy which wasn't what I was expecting. One bent blade in the fish ladder. That chute has my number and I'm now considering doing the main falls from now on. Can't wait to go again.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
429 Posts
Nice. Can you shuttle over Bear Camp yet, or do you still have to go around through Powers or Cali?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's wide open. Peevine is blocked off. I don't think that road was ever impassible this winter?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Agreed! We did a delightful 2 day trip last fall at about 1,500 cfs.

Sent from my XT1031 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience at affordable. I have used them for over 10 years and could not be happier. I do more off season and illinois trips than most. She has my key and sometimes I call or email her the the day before the launch( she prefers more warning though). I've never had any Vehical, trailer damage, or been left stranded. I have heard more nightmare stories about all the other companies. Sharon uses older drivers instead of young punks that drive like idiots. I'm a big fan of my trailer tires spending more time on the road than in the air.

Thank you affordable shuttles for all your work over the years.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never had a problem either with Affordable. Although I disagree about the fish ladder being just for drifters I agree about the middle chute at rainie. I was a single boat so I just played it super safe. I much prefer doing the middle. Next time with my group I'm probably just going to hit the main falls and let er buck!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Bear camp was closed for a short time, but Peavine was open instead. Peavine has a slide now, so Bear Camp is back open. Three trips down the Rogue this Winter, came back by Bear camp all three times. Lack of snow sucks, but the shorter shuttle has been nice.

It's wide open. Peevine is blocked off. I don't think that road was ever impassible this winter?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I agree that Affordable Shuttles does a great job.

Like everyone they probably do occasionally make mistakes, but I've worked with them for 10 years and it has always been a great experience.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Be careful running the mid-chute above 3,000 cfs, it can get a little pushy toward the main falls. I have watched people get sucked to far left and have to push their boat over the falls.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya I've run the middle twice and had one clean run and one fubar. It was my fault but we made it through. I'll post a pic later.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts