Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone down for a lower rogue 3 day trip Tues thru Thurs . start 30 June. They got 5 cancellation permits for that day.

Just left colobrahdo and didn't float the poudre. Hope to in couple weeks

Call or text matt.
406-780-0547

·
Registered
215 Posts
It is a perfect time to be down river. It is hot hot here in Grants Pass. I don't think it dropped below 90 until like 9:00 last night.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah floated twice in may 1 before and one after permit season. Looking forward to the trip. Water should be wrmer. Going to be perfect swim trip. This trip I'll have a couple inner tubes. Hopefully I can find someone to oar so I can just tube the whole thing minus blossom and a couple others. Too hot to be in a Raft for me. Rather be in the h20.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You want to go? My brother is still working in Colorado. We are floating again on the 5th but figure since I'm down here might as well run twice! I have nobody that can go on the 30th so far. Sure some buddies will decide work isn't as important as fun lol

·
Registered
215 Posts
Water is warming up. From the end of May through last week they were letting quite a lot out of Lost Creek. They were keeping flows a little above average. Seems kind of silly to me with the low snow pack. Anyway the river has been pretty cold through June. Apparently they have reduced the discharge because the level has gone down and the water temp is climbing.

Two of my sons and I are putting in on the 30th. We are planning on breakfast at Galice and launching as soon after that as we can.

·
Registered
215 Posts
We have a full boat. I could ask around and see if someone wanted to go but I doubt it would end up being anyone you would want to row. What kind of rig do you have here?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice. Well I'm sure I'll see you on the river. I'll be the big redneck probably lobster red. Blue boat.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a 14.5' Raft with frame. 2 deyboxes (one kitchen box) 1 cooler in frame and 2 smaller (day/night) coolers that are attached to frame.

So you know a lot of rafters I. Rogue river? That's where my parents live and they run the loweer a few times a year with mostly rogue river/wimer crew.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hear ya. Well if you find a buddy you want to bring but don't have space they are welcome on mine. Have a good one.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome trip. I didn't see you guys. My brother flew in from Colorado and we did an overnighter. Headed back in morning for a 4 nighter with 14 ppl. Should be a blast. Hot hot hot though. Bringing the skeeter this trip. Hope your trip went well also!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Awesome trip. I didn't see you guys. My brother flew in from Colorado and we did an overnighter. Headed back in morning for a 4 nighter with 14 ppl. Should be a blast. Hot hot hot though. Bringing the skeeter this trip. Hope your trip went well also!

We had a great trip as well. Saw some bears but weren't bothered by them. Plentiful campsites and perfect weather.

We had breakfast at Galice fairly early Tuesday morning and then we launched by 9:30 from Grave Cr.

First day went to Long Gulch, second to Tate Cr. then out around 2:30 at Foster.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got off river. Awesome trip. Some damn tweeker stole my 1995 geo tracker which was hooked up to my 8.5'x14' trailer. I'm so pissed. Affordable shuttles didn't pick up rig till Saturday...it was stolen July 3rd between 7pm and 8am. I put in on Friday. Watch your stuff down on the rogue.

I just bought a ruger .44 Alaskan. Maybe I'll get to use it soon. Why are people such scum? Fuck!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry to here that. We put on Fri as well but took out on Sun. We moved here from Idaho about 5 years ago and I can tell you that these are some of the thieveness motherfers that I have ever been around. Why didnt affordable pick it up on Fri? I also use affordable and have had pretty good service from them for the few years that I have lived here.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I'm so pissed. I called the shuttle at noon so they didn't know to pick up until they got back to office Friday evening.

I've used affordable shuttles 4 times this summer and they are good. It wasn't the shuttles fault it was the tweakers. After putting boat in I went and parked the rig and trailer. There were some sketch looking people in a mid 90s standard cab green ranger. I didn't feel comfortable leaving rig there but figured it would take some balls to jack my stuff in mid daylight. I mistakenly thought that my rig would be picked up Friday but knew that because I put in late that it might not get shuttled till Saturday. My decision, but not one I'll do again.

It was my dad's and he passed away a couple months ago. Ive had it about a week...never had anything stolen in my life. I'll post pics and an ad on Craigslist tomorrow.

It's kind of like the wild west in Josephine county which I like. The people of the county shoot down the sheriff when he asks for money to hire more deputies. Pretty cool. Not big fans of cops. No amount of cops would deter tweekers stealing shit in graves creek I do not think.

Meh, thanks for listening to me whine and ramble heh.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OR license plate. It's blue. No top. I'll post lic number soon. The 8.5x14 trailer was a big Bubba with a 6 inch plywood deck. The trailer between wheel wells was 6'8" and my Raft is 7' and it really stunk trying to load it until I built the elevated deck. Thanks matt.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts