Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping to get some advice on the Lower NF Poudre strech. I ran the filter plant run last weekend and it was super fun but just too short! Looks like the Lower NF is quite a bit longer (same rating) but I'm concerned about the 5-6 river wide fences that the eddy flower link mentions? Are they easy to see and can I get out before I run into them? I am taking a few beginners in duckys and am a little concerned. Any info would be great. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
685 Posts
When I did this a couple of years ago the fences are easy seen and avoided, not sure if any new fences have been added.

It is a senic ranch kind of a run. In the upper stretch, depending on level it might be tighter and faster then FP, with one harder (not to hard) III rapid. I ran it at 250 and 350. I recommend 350. There are a couple blind corners, but scoutable, if you don't want read and run.

I heard from someone this year that Seaman's res is way down and it kind of runs like a creek through most of it? Typically, you have to paddle a mile or so across the res.

Below the dam, it seemed III/III-ish to gateway park.

Watch out for rattlers on shore.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts