Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CRC II mentions one of the put ins being the Church. I parked in the lot between the church and the bank a couple of weeks ago, after getting the go ahead from some maintenance guys. It just does not seem right though as all the signs warn you otherwise. There are also no parking signs on all the roads accessing the creek. Where is the best place to park to put in for the lower Gore Creek section?

A couple of us are coming up from Denver to run it tomorrow night if anyone is interested or going to be running it anyway. It looks like we will be meeting just below Dowd Chutes rapid to leave a take out vehicle around 5:30 PM.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i'd recommend taking out at the River Bend bus stop, about 1 mile downstream of the base of the chute. and putting in at the water treatment plant. the turn off to the put-in is Beaver Dam road i believe, located on the s-turn in the road just west of Lionshead. this will get you the best section of gore creek. you can also put-in at the playpark in vail for a longer run and some play at the park.

have fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts