Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at floating the lower Eagle tomorrow ( Sunday 30th ), which I have done before at 2000 cfs. Great fun at that level. But noticed this morning that the Lower Eagle is running at 4530 cfs. I float a 14 ft aire lion ( 25.5 tubes ) with a flip top captain's seat. The question??? Can I fit under Trestle? Anyone floated at this level, thoughts? Any buzzards who live out there, your opinion would be welcome.

·
Registered
227 Posts
You should be ok... If you're at all sketched about it, just go far right under the bridge. Mellow water there and you can pull left after the bridge.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I was looking to run it tommorrow as well, but at that flow, might not be able to (not with my kids anyway). If I do go, I'll be in a 14 foot NRS, so I'll look for you at the bridge. LOL

From what I understand in another thread I started with the same question, the current flow seems to be really high for getting under the bridge. Even the right side might be tricky from what I have heard, so you might want to scout it before you put in to be sure (that's what I plan to do at these flows). You can definitely go far right at lower flows anyway, I did it last weekend to give my skeptical wife reassurance that we wouldn't go into the hole on the left with the kids... LOL

The times I have run it, the far right does seem to have a bit more clearance, but I've never run it above 2,000 CFS or so. Maybe 2,500 tops. I am told 3,000 might be pushing it by a friend who lives up there. Be very careful for sure, and I would at least scout it when you get to it if nothing else.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Talked to two rafters tonight (Sat. 5/29), they just went under the trestle at 5pm. The first said he had 1 inch of clearence the other said he had to fold the rowing seat down and he still hit.

·
Super Moderator
3,963 Posts
I glanced at it while passing by on I-70 this am and compared it to when I've scouted it close up. If you're kayaking or in a paddleboat and everyone dives into the bottom of the raft when you go under it, then fine, go for it.

If you're in a boat with a high seat, or oar towers, its looking really sketchy.

-AH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts