1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
844 Posts
Paging Logan! I could be interested for a February trip. I would have to have someone to split the drive expense and be recovered from a sprained ligament. Both are possible in February.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
stay in touch - I have interest

I am retired so very flexible

suggest setting up a email contact list via the Buzz private contact for the email info.

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
February likely wont work for me Glenn, but I would be interested in mid/late January.

Got a hut trip planned, plus Bryan and my bud Garces will be coming in at different times to ski....

I would love to float the lower canyons though...

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Big Bend is always a toss of the dice as far as water flow in the canyons is concerned. Especially true for a date set weeks in advance.

Mid to late January may well be better than Feb and for sure March- as far as water flow is concerned.

It all depends on weather tho, a major storm can come thru with little if any notice.

I was down there one year in winter, went to bed after setting around a camp fire in shirt sleeves, woke up in the early AM to horizontal snow and sleet beating on the tent, Rio flashed a foot or so higher. Snowed all next day. Late afternoon sun came out, next day sunny and in the 70-s You never know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts