Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
fat guy in a little boat
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so it looks like the lower blue's on the rise. i'm thinking bout making some ducky runs on it all weekend. some company would be nice!!
lemme know if anyone out there's interested.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sorry to Post-Poach, but I was thinking something similar. Only difference is that I have a 14" oar frame setup.

I've heard that there's a good stretch of private land and that the owner isn't the friendliest of people. Outside of staying on the water, anybody have any beta on if the river's runnable?

·
Registered
610 Posts
We're thinking about trying to do the Blue this weekend too on our way down to Denver. If it works out, we'll see you guys there.

@theGoat

I think the river will be totally runnable for you at this level. I've seen rafts on it down to around 550 with no struggles. But, I also run a 6' kayak, not a 14' oar framed set up or whatever. Here's a link to some of us talking about whether or not it's runnable at "lower runnable"

http://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f42/lower-blue-54965.html

·
fat guy in a little boat
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what's up guys!! anyone up for a sunday afternoon run??, maybe even 2??
it's still holding on in the mid 700s. there's guys around here fishing on 14ers down to around 400. 700's good to go for sure.
i'll give ya a call, jesse, or you can reach me at 970-six53-o132

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
The deal with rafts is that its a big down hill carry/lower to the put in, and you can't use the mid point as access or Take out with a raft. It's private, and they allow kayaks to egress across it only, so if you take your raft in there, you are in for a long day and a take out at or just above the Gore put in. I hear the fishing is top notch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts